TPC - 43

MAR'S POV - 4 weeks later...

I ain't Cela in 4 weeks, and it was pissing me off for real. She been acting off when we on the phone, and when we text she seem distant. Ion know why she avoiding me.

So I called her mama.

'Hey son, how you doing baby?' Ms Shirley asked, as she picked up the phone.

'I'm doing alright momma, and yourself?' I asked her.

'I'm doing okay, I'm doing okay. What's up? Why I ain't seen you over here in 3 years?' She exaggerated and I chuckled lowly.

'It ain't even me. Ask your daughter' I joked, and I heard her shuffling around. Then I heard knocks on a door. 'Come in mama' I heard Cela say. 'Come talk to this boy Cela, having him calling me like he don't have no damn sense' she joked and I laughed.

There was silence on the phone for a few seconds, so I was guessing she muted.

'She gon call you later' Ms Shirley said and I held a confused look on my face.

'Aight Ms Shirley, thank you' I said and hung up the phone.

See y'all, she avoiding me.

I pulled up her number and called her phone. She let it go to voicemail the first 2 times, then answered on the third time.

'Yes Marcel?' She answered sassing me.

'What the fuck is your problem. Why you ignoring me?' I asked her and there was silence on her end, before I heard sobbing.

'Ion wanna talk about it' she said, hanging up the phone.

I grabbed my gun, and my car keys and left outta the house. I was gon see what was up one way or the other.

15 minutes later...

'Come outside' I texted her, and she came outta the house 5 minutes later with puffy eyes.

'Come into the back with me' I said getting out, and she followed and we got into the backseat.

I pulled her into a hug, and she sobbed into my chest.

'What's going on mama?' I kissed her forehead and she looked up at me.

'Nothing' she lied and I shook my head.

'You don't think I know when you lying to me baby?' I asked her and she shrugged. 'What's going on witchu?'

'You pregnant?' I asked her and she was silent. I just had a feeling she was, now it all made sense.

'If you wanna leave me, let's just end things here. Ion wanna wait till the baby gets here or for later' she said crying again and I shook my head.

'What you letting us go this easy for? I'm not leaving you' she held onto my hand, and I tightened my grip. 'You carrying my seed, so regardless I'm gon protect y'all and love on y'all' I kissed her forehead.

It kinda threw me how she thought i was gon leave her, just cause she pregnant. She'on know where she got me man, and I'd do anything to make her happy.

'I love you baby' she kissed me.

'I love you too mama' I said, and we sat in a comfortable silence.

'I'm just scared, you know?' She started. 'Like what if I'm not a good enough mom? What is my mom gonna say? Are you happy with it?'

'Don't even worry about all that ma, I'm gon be here. I ain't want anyone else to carry my children and you are gon be good enough. Look at who raised you, you are gonna be the best momma' I said, and kissed her head.

'I'm sorry for being off with you. I'm just nervous. Like I saw the way my dad was with my mom when she had Imani. He ain't want kids and just packed up and left' she started. 'Maybe I haven't healed from that part of my life yet'

'We gon take it one day at a time baby, I promise you' I reassured her.

'Thank you for being so patient with me' she said.

'Always' I kissed her hand.

CELA'S POV - 3 days later...

'Can I get a sweet tea please?' I asked the waiter, and everybody gave their orders.

I had been craving Olive Garden's breadsticks for the last 3 days, so we figured why not make a double date out of it with Po and Chelle.

'I'm good over here with these' I said, pulling the bowl of breadsticks infront of me.

'Girl, who comes to Olive Garden to just eat breadsticks when you know they do they chicken Alfredo here?' Chelle joked and I shrugged.

The thought of pasta was actually making me feel sick to my stomach.

'I'll be back yall, I need to go to the bathroom' I stood up.

'You feeling okay baby?' Mar rubbed on my back.

'Yeah, just feeling a lil sick. I'll be right back' I kissed his lips and walked off.

I heard footsteps behind me, so I knew Chelle was behind me.

I went into a stall and damn near threw up my guts, and came out and rinsed out my mouth in the sink. I've always carried mouthwash in my bag, so I gargled some in my mouth then spat it out in the sink.

'You feeling okay lovey?' Chelle asked me, and I nodded.

'Yeah, sum just ain't sit right in my stomach' I tried to play it off but she wasn't buying it.

'How far along are you?' She asked me and I shrugged.

'A month and a few days' I said and she squealed.

'I'm so happy for you girl' she pulled me into a hug. 'I'm still sad you thought you had to hide it, we woulda all been there for you'

'I know, I guess I was just scared. I've come to terms with it now though' I smiled and so did she.

'I'm excited to meet my lil niece or nephew or both' she joked and I laughed.

'I don't know if I could handle both right now' we laughed and went back to the booth where the boys were sitting.

Po was looking at me in shock and I just knew Marcel told him.

'Don't get all emotional on me now Marcus' I joked and he laughed.

'I'm happy for you sis' he smiled at me. 'It's about damn time'

'Boy bye, now you know damn well' we all laughed.

***

Writers Comment :

Your girl is preggo yall. How we feeling? Thank you SOOO much for 70k views, I honestly appreciate every single of you reading my book.

A short chapter cause y'all know I got stuff cooking.

Are we happy Cela is working on her communication?

Team boy or girl? LMAO

Until next time...🥰