Epilogue

Omniscient's POV....

'It's time to go sweetie' Cela's mother said to her gently, trying not to rush her.

Cela just stood there. Frozen. She couldn't believe what she was about to do.

'Come on baby' Cela's mother, hugged her, as she gently ushered her out of the door.

Otherwise they would've been late, and she knew Cela would have regrets.

***

'We are gathered here to celebrate and remember the short but wonderful life of Tierra Sanai Jackson' the priest spoke, and Cela's stomach dropped.

She could not believe she was about to bury her first born daughter. She felt as though she did not have enough time with her, and that her life was cut short.

Marcel tried to wrap his arm around Cela, who snatched away from him. She was full of resentment to him at this moment.

Marcel was feeling all the guilt. If he had protected his daughter better, she wouldn't have been the one hit, if he had just driven them to the reception himself, if he moved faster. He knew Cela blamed him, and he wished it was him instead of his daughter.

He felt like a failure most of all.

But with all of that, he felt angry, and full of revenge. He knew that he would go to his grave to avenge his daughter.

He and Cela had barely spoken in the 2 weeks since the attack, but in order for them to plan the perfect send off for their daughter, they at least had to have some contact.

However, the relationship that they once had, was over, on Cela's end at least. It was sad that as they were about to start their journey as a family together, it was cut short, and Cela blamed Marcel for it all.

It made him feel worse than he already did, knowing that the love of his life hated him for the death of their daughter.

'A beautiful and bubbly girl to all those who knew her. A joy to her parents, and the light of everybody's life' the priest continued, and Cela wiped away her tears, knowing that she had to speak now.

'I will now hand over to Tierra's mother, Cela' the priest said, and Cela got up shakily, walking up slowly to the alter.

She took a shaky deep breath, with her eyes closed, and when they opened, they were full of tears. 'This is the worst pain I've ever felt, in my whole entire life' she started. 'My daughter. My beautiful, amazing, wonderful, perfect daughter. I can't even explain how much you mean to me. I said mean, because you will always be alive to me, I will always keep your name alive. I didn't get enough time to enjoy you baby. To watch your milestones as you grew up. My sweet baby, you're time was cut short, and you were taken from us too soon. From me too soon. There is now a void in my life that'll never be filled, no matter what. I love You with all my being, and I feel empty without you. I know you were so excited to be a big sister, always kissing on my stomach and hugging it whenever you had the chance. I'm heartbroken that you'll never meet your little brother, but I will always tell him how much of a wonderful big sister he has' she started, tears streaming down her face, but she didn't even bother wiping them, knowing that there will be more. Marcel held his head in his hands, as he heard Cela's words, the guilt eating him up inside. His family, now broken in half. Because of him, he felt. 'I love You baby, rest now' she finished, and sat down back in her seat.

The pastor continued, saying scriptures from the Bible and singing hymns. As Tierra's little casket sat on the stage, in its pink and purple flower decorations, as they were her favourite colours, the fact that the casket was so small broke everybody's hearts.

The family all came through for Cela and Marcel however, they all came in pink and purple, as they were Tierra's favourite colours. That was the wishes of Cela and Marcel, as if the traditional colour of black was worn, Cela would not have been able to attend the funeral that day.

***

The service had now finished, and Marcus and Marcel had both carried Tierra's casket on their shoulders, to where the burial was to take place.

Cela, who was now 5 months pregnant, walked slowly behind, with Michelle, her mother, and Imani by her side. Her arms were linked with her mothers, who carried a box of tissues in her free hand.

They got to the area of land where the ground was dug up. The location that they chose was a flower garden, beautiful and bright, so that they'd always be reminded of Tierra and how she was daily, when they went to visit her.

The priest, and Cela's mother prayed over the coffin as it was lowered into the ground. As the coffin was being lowered into the ground, the song 'Take me to the King' by Tamela Mann was sung by Cela's mother, who had an amazing, soulful voice, that touched the depths of everybody's hearts.

Soil was thrown onto the coffin by close family and friends of Cela and Marcel, with everybody saying their final goodbyes. 'Goodbye my baby, I love you for eternity, I promise I won't ever forget you' Cela cried, before walking off, as it was all getting too much for her.

The guests started walking away from the coffin, after paying their respects, leaving just Marcus and Marcel. Marcus wanted to make sure his brother was alright before he left. 'You good bro?' Marcus asked, and Marcel stood there frozen. 'Imma give you your time, but if you need me, imma be right back there' Marcus said, pointing to the car park by the entrance.

Marcus walked away, leaving Marcel there and alone. He had been keeping a brave face for the entirety of this period, and he just couldn't anymore. He broke down in tears, and fell to his knees. 'I'm so sorry babygirl. Daddy is so sorry, daddy should've protected you, and it should never have been you, it should've been me. I wish it was me' he cried, looking at what was left of his daughter in that hole in the ground. 'I love You babygirl and I'm so sorry for not protecting you. But imma find out who did this to you Tee, and they gon be. I promise, if it's the last thing I'll ever do. Imma get you your justice, I promise' he cried, into his hands.

Marcus spotted Marcel crying and ran over to check on his brother. 'It's okay' he comforted his brother the best way he could.

***

Getting back to the house, the mood was happy, as they didn't want to be sad, remembering Tierra. Baby Shark was playing, and people were playing games and socialising.

But as for Cela and Marcel? It was over for them.

For now.

Rest in Peace, Tierra Sanai Jackson.

Writers Comment :

My heart genuinely broke writing this chapter honestly.

Cela and Marcel have broken up y'all, my heart is honestly broken.

Do we think they can come back from this?

Do y'all want a sequel?

Thank you for everything, and thank you so much for reading. I appreciate every vote, every view and every comment y'all have left for me. I hope to see yall on some of my other books.

Over and out...✌🏾💐