Grim Reaper

Jin-Woo only needed one minute to get ready, quickly grabbed himself a taxi, and headed off to the meeting point. Nine people were already there, waiting for his arrival.

The man who looked like the leader of the group waved his hand at Jin-Woo. "Heyyy! Over here."

It was a bearded man with a fairly big physique. He smiled softly and walked closer while speaking to Jin-Woo. "Are you Mister Sung Jin-Woo?"

"That’s correct."

"It’s a relief that you found the right place so quickly. I guess this is fate, so how about we greet each other before we get started?"

The bearded man briefly introduced the members of his team. The eight of them including himself were regular teammates that worked together all the time, while the remaining guy was someone who also came here to make up the numbers, just like Jin-Woo.

Jin-Woo greeted the other team members and studied their countenance carefully. Thanks to his enhanced Perception Stat, he was able to more or less sense everyone’s capabilities.

‘Five with a similar rank. Four with a slightly lower rank than them. Five rank C and around four with D or lower.’

There was a regulation when attempting to clear a Gate rated C. The minimum number of a party had to be ten Hunters, and more than half had to be at least ranked C or higher. Only then did the Association issued a permit.

It seemed that them claiming to do all the hunting and he only needed to be there to make up the numbers didn’t sound like an empty boasting after all.

"Now we’re done with introductions, let me briefly explain the important points to remember."

The bearded man introduced himself as Hwang Dong-Suk, a Tanker rated C. He displayed a relaxed atmosphere as if he possessed plenty of experience raiding dungeons.

As he began describing the situations one had to keep an eye out for in the middle of a raid, someone came closer to Jin-Woo.

"Excuse me. Looks like we’re both pieces of fluff in this party, huh?"

He was none other than the other Hunter Hwang Dong-Suk had brought along in order to fill up the numbers. He was a young man with a bright expression. However, unlike Jin-Woo, he was actually going to participate in battles. He was ranked D, so he had the right to do so.

His name was Yoo Jin-Ho, aged 22.

Jin-Woo lightly nodded his head as Yoo Jin-Ho greeted him, before shifting his gaze away. Yoo Jin-Ho seemingly wanted to carry on with the conversation, but ended up scratching the back of his head awkwardly. He soon returned to his spot.

When the original team members all raised their voices, Hwang Dong-Suk 
laughed jovially and clapped his hands.

"Alright, then. Enough with the explanations, let’s get going."

Everyone got ready to enter the Gate.

"Ah, before we enter, you two, take a look at these." Hwang Dong-Suk pushed forward a page of a document to Jin-Woo and Yoo Jin-Ho each. It turned out to be a simple contract.

"Write your names on the bottom and sign it, and we’re good to go."

The contents said, he’d not participate in any hunting, he’d not participate in sharing of the loot, and when the raid was over, he’d be paid 2 million won right away.

The terms were the same as what he heard over the phone. However, they were not the ones to catch his attention.

‘I have to promise not to question them regardless of whatever incident happens inside the dungeon...?’