Familiar Face

It’d be easy to go mad from pain and wildly thrash about, but Jin-Woo would lose this great opportunity, which would most likely never happen again. Losing his consciousness now would mean his end.

‘….178, 179, 180!’

Jin-Woo had been bitterly waiting for the end of the three-minute duration and finally, revealed his hidden trump card.

‘The first reward, give it to me now!’

He immediately collected the first reward from the Daily Quest he had saved up until now.

[‘Reward 1: Full recovery of the current physical condition’ has been applied.]

A blue light enveloped him and all depleted health reverted back to full.

[HP: 3,602/3,602]

Even his tattered left arm was healed as good as new in the blink of an eye.

‘This is my chance!’

Jin-Woo’s eyes gleamed coldly. In such close proximity, no matter how agile this monster was, it’d not be able to dodge his attacks.

Jin-Woo rapidly caught one of Cerberus’s necks with his left arm, and stabbed the ‘Poison Fang of Kasaka’ in the middle of that neck. The rage state had ended by now, and the Cerberus began to violently thrash about trying to escape from Jin-Woo’s embrace.

However, Jin-Woo did not let go and held on with his powerful arms. The harder the Cerberus struggled, the stronger he gripped the neck of the monster.

In the meantime, his dagger continued to stab into the creature’s neck. The Cerberus bit into Jin-Woo as it struggled to the bitter end, but the battle had already been decided by then.

The Poison Fang of Kasaka now travelled lower down from the neck and stabbed the Cerberus’s chest. Soon enough, the monster’s resistance became noticeably weaker and weaker. In the end, the heads of the Cerberus fell to the side, lifeless.

Tti-ring!

[You have defeated ‘Hell’s Gatekeeper, Cerberus’.]

[Level up!]

[Level up!]

[Level up!]

[Level up!]

In one breath, his level rose up by 4. That was how difficult this battle was. Jin-Woo only let go of the Cerberus’s neck after confirming its body going limp with his own eyes. The heavy body sprawled to the floor without any resistance whatsoever.

Jin-Woo rested his hands on his knees. "Ha-ah….” Only now could he breathe a sigh of relief.

"You actually managed to kill him, I must say I'm impressed." Belial approached the human while clapping.

"I would be dead if I hadn't saved the daily quest reward, since you wouldn't try to help me even if I'm dying." This was a fact, and because of this, Jin-Woo couldn't help but feel a little sad.

A monster that could use a skill – if he didn’t prepare a hidden trump card, then he’d have been killed for sure. A chill crawled down his spine just from thinking about it.

"You’re not wrong about that, but who knows, maybe one day I’ll end up saving you.” The demon commented sincerely.

"Then I will trust those words, just don't forget them. Oh, I almost forgot... Items."

Would there be as many rewards befitting his life-or-death struggle to bring down this monster? After calming himself down, Jin-Woo reached out towards the Cerberus.