Boss Battle

The exoskeleton looks pretty tough.... Can my dagger even damage it?'

Quite obviously, a dagger would have a shorter reach than a steel longsword Jin-Woo used before. So, if he wanted to cause a deep wound, he needed to strengthen his attacks.Jin-Woo held the dagger in the reverse grip. He figured that it'd be easier to hurt the monster by holding the blade in this fashion.

Finally, the spider stood before Jin-Woo. Then, it raised its two front legs up and bent them at an angle.

'What is it trying to do?'

His curiosity lasted only for a brief moment – Jin-Woo's eyes shot open wide next.

SLAM!!

If he didn't instinctively tilt his body out of the way, the spider's legs would've penetrated his chest just now. The spider's legs stabbed into the ground behind him before rising up in the air, its joints folding back up. And from the ends of its legs, pieces of the rocky ground fell.

Jin-Woo sneaked a glance behind him. The stone floor now had a pretty substantial hole in it.

'If I got hit by that, it wouldn't have ended with me feeling a bit of ache in my chest, huh.'

Jin-Woo's glare sharpened even more. Now was the time he needed to concentrate even harder.

'It's coming!'

The spider's legs that initially resembled bullets being fired could now be captured in his eyes. 

Left.

He ducked his head lower to evade the spider's left front leg.

Right.

He tilted his body back and let the spider's right leg brush past him, before he took a step closer.

Right.

He evaded the spider's leg that took aim at his head once more, and took two steps forward this time. The spider's legs stabbed and destroyed the ground so loudly that his ears actually felt numb from the pain. Jin-Woo evaded the spider's attacks one by one and got closer and closer to the monster. The spider's attacks poured down without a break. Jin-Woo dodged all of those attacks and grew confident of his victory. Having decreased the distance between them little by little, the head of the spider was almost within his reach now.

The attack pattern of the spider was rather simple so he could get close to it pretty easily.

'For now, I'll aim for its eyes.'

It was the basics of all basic rules to attack the monster's weak points. So, he decided to attack the eyes of the spider, which looked to be the weakest point in its defences.

'As soon as I stab my dagger in those eyes....!'

Just as Jin-Woo made up his mind... He suddenly sensed that the spider's attacks had slowed down for some reason.

Was it because his eyes had adjusted fully to the speed of its attacks? No, that wasn't it.

His eyes might've been misled, but his hearing could not be fooled. The loud noises coming from the exploding ground came to him a beat slower than before, since a few seconds ago. Jin-Woo was already pretty confident of his rather excellent sense of hearing so he could feel this subtle change.

It was then, a certain ominous premonition flickered past in his brain.

When he took a closer look, the muscles around the vicinity of the spider's mouth were trembling quite imperceptibly.

'Why is it trying to open its mouth now?'

Jin-Woo had been getting ready to jump up three metres and reach the head of the spider, but he sensed something ominous was about to happen. Jin-Woo hurriedly changed the direction of his jump from forward to his rear.