Fading Away

From 27 to 39. His level had jumped up by 12. This would be the first time that his level saw such an explosive rise since he entered the Hapjeong instant dungeon back when he was still a level one. He came out of there as level 17.

Back then, his level was low, so the levelling speed was high. But now, that wasn’t strictly true. This just went to show how many dungeons he cleared in a short space of time.

‘It’s been four days since I started clearing dungeons with Yoo Jin-Ho. And we conquered nine of them in only four days….’

Not only that, they were nine C-ranked dungeons, too. Rank C dungeons were the highest difficulty a freelancer team could clear on their own.

What a crazy clearing speed this was.

This was the worst possible situation, a catastrophe, for other Hunters found in this area that needed rank C dungeons to make a living.

Yoo Jin-Ho, the only witness to the proceedings, was getting more and more astonished by how faster Jin-Woo was clearing each dungeon. Well, the higher his level was, the easier it got to clear a dungeon, after all.

Nine dungeons cleared and 12 level ups. Clearing one dungeon was almost as good as levelling up more than once. And he still had 10 more raids to go. By the time he finished all 19 raids, as he had agreed with Yoo Jin-Ho, his level should shoot past 45.

He won against a rank B Hunter back when his level was in the mid-twenties. He couldn’t even begin to fathom just how strong he was now.

‘My heart… it’s beating really fast.’

Jin-Woo placed his hand on his chest, near his heart. He sensed it pounding real fast in excitement. The sensation of getting stronger every day was one heck of an enjoyable ride. He would’ve never imagined such a thing happening to him in the past. Things like, entering the Gates and clearing the dungeons would be this much fun.

‘Well, I can sense myself getting stronger all the time, after all.’

As his level went up…

As his Stat values rose up….

He could directly feel how much he had changed through hunting monsters.

‘Hunting monsters, is it…..’

He felt like a real Hunter now. The word ‘hunting’ no longer sounded like a foreign concept to him.

Wasn’t there a certain saying that went something like ‘finding the next place to hunt is just as important to a hunter as the moment he hunts?’

His next goal was already set.

‘…..The Demonic Castle dungeon.’

He was a level 21 back then, wasn’t he?

He had grown by nearly 20 levels since the day he first set foot in that mysterious tower-like dungeon.

He thought that perhaps now, he was ready to tackle that place once more. However, just from recalling that gatekeeper monster, Cerberus, he grew very cautious about taking another step in that place.

‘What if some crazy monsters that I can’t handle jump out in droves as soon as I enter?’

Goosebumps broke out all over his skin.

If he could get away from there using the ‘Stealth’ skill, that would be great, but still, he had to consider the possibility of failing to do so. Even if he got lucky ten times, just a single mistake could cost him his life; that was the life of a Hunter.

So, he needed to be sure. He needed to be sure of being strong enough to handle a group of monsters as strong as Cerberus.

‘Cerberus’s name was in red letters, right?’