A Step Closer

The Gate seen behind the waiting group seemed a bit too small for a C rank.

After Jin-Woo and Yoo Jin-Ho exited from the van, the waiting Hunters quickly gathered around them. For some reason, there was almost no 'normal' person in this group.

Most of them seemed to have some difficulty with their mobility, there was one person who looked to be suffering from an illness, while the other was clearly an alcoholic.

Not only that, there was an underage girl too, someone that neither the Association nor the Guild would admit to their ranks. From a casual glance, she looked to be a high-schooler.

"Is it okay to bring a child here?"

"I asked for a professional advice, and apparently, there is no problem according to the law, hyung-nim. Actually, the only reason why people don't hire underage Hunters is that there would be hell to pay if something went sideways."

Jin-Woo nodded his head.

'In that case, it should be fine.'

"By the way, hyung-nim, you brought your friend with you. He's the one who was seriously injured in the dungeon we meet for the first time, right?"

"Yes, the same person as that time." Jin-Woo touched the back of his head, feeling trouble about how is he going to present Belial.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Yoo Jin-Ho." He presented himself with a big smile.

Belial rolled his eyes. "I didn't ask, don't expect me to present myself to a peasant."

"So rude, did I do something to make you hate me?" Jin-Ho couldn't understand why Belial treated him so badly.

"He's not a sociable person, sorry about that." Jin-Woo forced a smile.

"You don't have to apologize in his behalf, hyung-nim didn't nothing wrong."

Belial clicked his tongue. "If we are going to clear the dungeon then stop wasting time chatting."

Really now, only Jin-Woo, Belial and Yoo Jin-Ho were going to enter the Gates anyway, so the odds of something going wrong were as good as 0%.

Indeed, these people were only here to make up the numbers. In order to get the permit to clear a C-rank Gate, one needed at least ten Hunters, after all.

That was why eight extra people had to be recruited.

And sure enough, these eight understood very well why they were here, too.

These people all possessed the Hunter licence, but couldn't act as one due to their circumstances. Most who answered the call to gather were suffering from the hardships of life in various ways.

Yoo Jin-Ho took a step forward.

"My name is Yoo Jin-Ho, and I'll be taking the lead in this operation. And this gentleman beside me is Sung Jin-Woo Hunter-nim and his friend who will accompany me to the dungeons. Everyone, your role is to wait outside the Gates until we return."

One of the Hunters cautiously raised his hand.

"Excuse me... If we really do that, we can get 3 million Won?"

No need to participate in any huntings.

No actual need to even enter the dungeon itself.

3 million Won per raid.

For a payment of simply lending one's name so they would be permitted to enter the Gates, it sounded just too good to be true.

This man named Yoo Jin-Ho didn't even look like that Seon-Dal character who sold the Taedong River, but the terms on offer were so good that the gathered Hunters couldn't help but be anxious.