Irreplaceable Existence

When the conversation between Chi-Yul and Jin-Woo ended, he returned home together with Belial. On the way back, the human asked the demon a very important question.

"Why could he see you?" Jin-Woo asked, hoping that Belial would respond.

"What are you going to give me if I tell you?" Belial stopped walking and turned around to look at the human.

Jin-Woo was taken aback by those words, he thought that both of them had already become closer, but it seems that it was just his wishful thinking.

"Whatever you want." He said sincerely.

Belial laughed, "what a joke, I thought you would get angry and yell at me."

It was difficult to understand what the demon was thinking, maybe he liked it when someone treated him badly? Or did he just want to put some distance between them?

"If you don't want to talk about it, I will respect your decision."

"Acting nice wouldn't get you anywhere, but I'll still tell you why."

Belial was starting to lose his powers little by little, which is why some hunters can see him compared to normal humans. His real body has begun to consume the current Belial, if he does not defeat the Grim Reaper then he will disappear forever.

"What can I do to help you?"

"What can I do to help you?" Jin-Woo didn't want Belial to vanish.

"Get stronger, that's the only thing you can do for me. Let's go back, I'm tired."

As they walked past the parked cars to enter the building itself, the voice of an old man stopped them in their tracks.

“Young man from 902.”

It was coming from the old security guard ahjussi. He’d been around this place for a very long time; Jin-Woo was familiar with the older man, so he greeted without hesitation.

“You haven’t gone home yet, ahjussi?”

“I’m on the night watch duty today.”

“Aha.”

Jin-Woo lightly nodded his head.

The old security guard immediately brought out a parcel from the guard post.

“Jin-Woo, this came for you today.”

“Ahh. Thank you so much.”

The sender written on the slip was the Association.

‘Oh, so it was today, eh?’

The day that his replacement phone from the Association was supposed to arrive, that was.

Jin-Woo took out his brand new phone from the box; it glittered softly under the light.

Belial stared at the object. "What is that thing?"

"It's a cell phone, you can make calls and send messages." It was no surprise to him that Belial didn't know what a cell phone was.

“I see, nothing interesting.” The demon yawned. "I think I'm going to go to sleep now."

Sleep? If Jin-Woo remembers correctly, the demon doesn't need to sleep, does sleeping help him in any way regarding his body's current situation? That might explain why he's been sleeping lately. However, the human did not ask, he just stared at Belial's back as he headed towards Jin-Woo's room.

When the demon was no longer in his sight, he turned his attention back to the phone. He remembered hearing not too long ago that, due to the continued extreme level of interest towards everything related to Hunters, the number of non-Awakened people trying to get their hands on one of these phones was on the explosive rise.