Demon Castle

In front of the Daesung Tower.
A super-tall skyscraper over a hundred floors tall was standing straight as if to pierce the heavens above. Indeed, this was what the modern skyscraper should look like. Just looking up at it made Jin-Woo feel extremely dizzy.

There were only a few people walking around as it was already late evening now. The streets with not one soul on it gave off an eerie vibe.

‘Still, I can’t be sure, so...’

Jin-Woo took a good look around him, before pulling up the hood attached to his top to hide his face.

If someone saw a person disappearing and appearing again in thin air without a Gate around, that might cause a bit of ruckus. Not only that, there were several CCTVs cameras installed here and there in the near vicinity, so it wasn’t such a bad idea to avoid being too conspicuous.

"There's no need to hide like that, I can make those CCTVs stop working for a while." Belial hid from the sight of other humans again, but since there was no one around at the moment, Jin-Woo could talk freely to him.

"I would gladly appreciate it if you would do that, I must remain discreet, causing a fuss will only attract unnecessary attention." Jin-Woo accepted Belial's help, hoping that no one would notice him.

But he thought too quickly of not being seen; In fact, there was someone busy looking at Jin-Woo right at that moment.

"Who could that child be?" He whispered to the demon.

"Who knows, I can kill him if you want." Belial proposed without any delicacy.

"He's just a kid, there's no need to kill him." Jin-Woo decided not to pay much attention to the boy.

However, the security guard watching on from inside the building found Jin-Woo’s behaviour rather suspicious and stood up from his chair. As the guard walked towards the door, he couldn’t help but come to an abrupt stop and his eyes opened up wide.

“Wha-what the heck?!” The security guard gasped out in surprise and hurriedly ran outside.

The suspicious man was definitely walking towards here, yet he had vanished from the view, just like that. Utterly without a trace. The security guard searched around his vicinity, but he couldn’t even spot an ant here.

He tilted his head this way and that, before turning around. "Well, I’ll be…. What a baffling thing that was.”

The security guard was about to go back inside the building, but then, caught something in the corner of his eyes, and turned his head to see what it could be without thinking.

He cried out in shock as he fell hard on his butt. “What, what, what the heck is going on here?!”

A person’s disembodied hand floating in the air then vanished once more.

...

Jin-Woo retracted his hand. "It’s connected to the outside world."

"Yes, unlike the previous one, this dungeon is different in many ways." Belial commented.

Unlike the last time, there was no invisible wall blocking his exit. The key also didn’t disappear and remained tucked inside his pocket. If he wanted to, he could get out of here at any time, in other words.

"I see, but Belial, does the rarity of the key equal the difficulty of the dungeon?" Since he didn't know this, he was much more cautious than usual.

"You will know very soon, I don't need to confirm anything." Belial refused to answer as he always did.

"Okay, I'll figure it out on my own." Jin-Woo pulled the hood back and took a look behind him.

It was a sight shocking enough to make him groan. Just now, when he was taking a few steps towards the Daesung Tower, the world in front of his eyes transformed in an instant.