Moving Forward

Was this the result of him increasing his Strength Stat? Completely stunned, Sung Jin-Woo was unable to close his slack jaw as the Headless Lycan's legs trembled like a leaf, before his movement stopped forever. It was then that he heard the familiar mechanical beep sounding again.

[You’ve killed an Iron-Fanged Lycan.]

[Level up!]

His level really went up. And when he went up a level, a single point was added to all of his stats. As it turned out, it wasn't just quest rewards that could affect his stat values. It was also possible to improve your stats by leveling up.

The stat points he got from quest rewards were 3. Meanwhile, he got 5 by leveling up once. Although he didn't like the fact that he couldn't freely distribute those points the way he liked, still, his growth by leveling up was much higher.

Also, there was the issue that quests were only available once a day, but there was a good chance that leveling up wouldn't suffer from such restrictions.

"I only killed one, but my level went up." If Jin-Woo had killed the Lycan Belial killed by accident, then he would be level 3, not 2.

This was the same as in video games. When his level was low, he could raise it a lot for a short time. And currently, Jin-Woo was only a level 2. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that he was right at the bottom of the pile. However, he was also not what one would call a normal low level player, because his Strength stat already exceeded 30.

If the Strength stat increased by one point each time one leveled up, then Jin-Woo's Strength Stat value was equivalent to level 20 or higher. What happens if a 'user' who possesses a level 20 strength stat hunts in the 'level 1' beginner hunting area? In other words, explosive level-up. As if to prove his guess, the destructive power behind that blow easily exceeded his own expectations.

The Strength stat might have been multiplied by just over three times, but… The difference in actual physical strength went far beyond that. Jin-Woo's original Strength value was 10. There was a difference of three times the value between the Strength stat of 10 and 30, but the difference between the actual forces produced was far beyond that.

Could it be…? What if, as the Stat value increases, the weight also adds? If that were the case, then such a destructive power output could be easily explained. On top of that, his movement speed had also increased. If it was in the past, there was no way he could slightly evade an animal's full attack, nor could his punch move fast enough to produce the sound of air splitting.

"Right, the physical strength in my muscles has increased, so obviously my speed would have increased along the way as well."

Simply by increasing his Strength stat further, both his power and speed had increased, and the battle against the Lycans proved this. So what if he increased his Agility, instead? His curiosity was at its peak, he has a method to find out, and that is to ask Belial about things related to the stats. If he wanted to satisfy his burning curiosity, he simply had to ask the demon a few questions.

However, before he could ask about how the stats works, Belial interrupted him. "You're thinking of asking me to explain how the stats works, aren't you?"

"Have you read my mind?" Jin-Woo wanted the demon to say no, since he would have to reconsider the things he wanted to think about from now on.

"Something like that," he replied with a mischievous grin. "Putting that aside, I can't explain anything related to the stats, even if I wanted to."

Jin-Woo couldn't help but feel depressed, it was the first time he asked a question that turned out to be one that can't be answered regardless of whether Belial wanted to or not. However, this was not the time to feel depressed, right now he should be focused on what is to come.