IMPERFECTIONS - KNY X READER

| 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛, Inoue (y/n) is sent flying through the infinity fortress to meet the characters they once used as an escape from their reality.

❝As humans, we can't help but to criticize whatever we view as abnormal or ugly.

These imperfections, as they call them, are what humans tend to dislike.

This is a strict code that all humans follow.

Treat imperfections with fear and scorn.

However, I have recently learned that there are indeed exceptions to this rule.

These exceptions I have briefly mentioned, they utterly infuriate me.

For I am left unable to read them, to accurately gouge what they are to say next.

Humans are cruel, yet kindness is so irksome to me;

That is why the boy Kamado Tanjiro fills my entire being with rancor.

𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝘀𝗼𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗲 𝗿𝘂𝗹𝗲.❞

Grumbling and curses drawled from your lips under your breath, several plastic grocery bags slung over your arms, painfully digging into your flesh. It was clear that you were frustrated, the people around you whispering to each other, snickering, their gazes seemingly piercing through you. Your gut twisted as you ambled your way over to a crosswalk, awkwardly elbowing the button.

You hated every person around you. You weren't quite certain if this declaration had stemmed from your social anxiety, or if it perhaps came from your opinion on the human species. All you knew was that humans were lying pieces of scum.

You bared your teeth at the man next to you as his hand began reaching out towards you, his offer to help you carry your bags completely blotted out from your hearing. The male reeled back at your animalistic reply, his foreseeable scoff tearing across the air. His features were of no matter to you, for you doubted you'd ever cross paths with him again. Both him and you were replaceable grains of sand on this earth.

You didn't mind that.

People needed to be reassured that they had meaning in this world; when you believed that they did in fact not hold a spec of meaning. They believed in many fantasies you'd refused to indulge in. Humans only existed because the ones that birthed them had decided to screw another.

That was in no way special. Humans were only different from farm animals in terms of their egotistical mindsets and instincts. They deserved nothing.

Whatever possible being that could have watched over you in that moment decided that your view on life was pitiful, for a sickening pain collided into your side. You hadn't moved from your spot on the sidewalk, and yet a car had decided to dye itself red with your blood.

You found your body propelled in the direction the car had originally been traveling, the impact of the crash sending you flying. Everything slowed, your vision blackening. Why weren't your past memories crossing your mind, what happened to the 'life flashes before your eyes' thing? You'd once heard that it happened to give you a chance to scan your memories in order to find some advice of sorts in order to escape the threat to your life. Was it perhaps because this was a result of nearly instant death?

This wasn't a situation that had any favorable result.

With the last of your energy, you managed to place a firm scowl upon your lips, your optics rolling to the back of your head. Your mind went silent, your speed ceasing to dwindle as your limp corpse shot further across the stretch of sidewalk and street.

A grimace crossed the salmon haired male's face, restraint thinning as his silver haired ally poked and prodded him. He just had to wait for his master to arrive, that's when this little fuck would leave him be. He wasn't sure if he had the patience for that, however.

"Akaza-dono! Why are you ignoring me? You know I missed all of you, right? Aka-"

The pinkette lost his composure, his clenched first swinging through the other's face, his teeth gritting painfully. "Just fucking shut up! I hate you!" he'd roared, his pupils trembling in agitation. The pale haired male stumbled backward, his shown eye blinking innocently.

The two soon heard a grunt of frustration, uppermoon one glaring down at them, his four open apertures narrowed. "Get along... stop... ruining our allyship.... Akaza." the taller seethed, his words drawn out uncomfortably.

"Hah! Douma got his shit rocked! Did you see that Onii-chan? It was funny!" a woman chortled, glancing down at the man whose shoulders she sat upon.

"I guess..." the male hummed, overall uninterested. The two uppermoon's dynamic was odd but normal for the seven of them. The remaining uppermoons soon arrived, the lot of them awaiting their leader's arrival.

Their stomachs soon dropped, a feeling of dread filling their veins. No, it wasn't from the presence of the leader who'd appeared just that moment; it was something else. A mere split second after the feeling had hit them, the infinity fortress trembled as if Kami themself had been angered, sounds of shattering glass and crashing walls met their ears.

"Nakime. What's going on." the newest arrival demanded, his hash glare focused on where the sound steadily approached from.

"I'm unsure."

The moment the female demon had responded, the wall next to them tremored, practically shattering as their beloved leader felt a harsh impact crash into his ribcage, his eyes bulging in surprise and pain. Himself and the source of the interference were sent flying into the opposite wall.

Kubutsuji Muzan was enraged.

A few seconds later, Muzan emerged from the kicked up dust with a thrashing human being held by the collar of their clothing. The male held them away from his body, inspecting them with an expression of disgust.

"How did you get in here." His demand wasn't unheard, quite the contrary actually. The human, you, slowly ceased their struggling, gawking at the demon's appearance.

"....Uh... Do you by any chance know English? 'Cause that'd be a big help..."