THE OWL HOUSE X READER

Bright, burning blue.

Falling.

A door.

Your hand reached out.

Your scream of terror echoed throughout the space.

Your chest tightened, excruciating torment traversing through your veins.

Your blurred vision shifted, the light becoming brighter.

Suddenly, you felt your body flying backwards.

Your mind was hazed over in a fog, your actions not being your own.

What was happening?

You strained your mentality into a slightly focused state.

It felt like extreme dissociation.

You didn't like it.

The soles of your boots harshly skidded across the ground, catching your minor fall. Your gloved hand tightly grasped a staff; it looked like a Halloween costume prop. How odd. You slowly gained more focus, your surroundings unfamiliar.

Your face stung.

It felt like you got hit in the face with a rock.

How clumsy were you?!

Hey-!!

"Golden Guard, are you alright? Your mask is dented in..." a male in a gray uniform and white cloak stepped forward, his mask-covered face angled in your direction. He looked oddly familiar, yet you didn't recognize him. You inhaled deeply as to avoid falling into a panic.

Play along until you know what's going on.

"Who're you again?" your voice sounded different, the equivalent of a twelve-year-old boy going through puberty for the first time.

Well, so much for playing along.

"It's me, Steve." the male's voice was disheartened at the revelation of your memory being so horrid.

Oh, it seemed that forgetfulness wasn't so odd.

Keep going with it then.

You tilted your head, memories slowly flowing into your train of thought.

The memories weren't yours.

"Huh, okay, Steve. Where are we?" you glanced around after asking, a group of roughly six people behind you in a formation, all dressed similarly to Steve. The situation felt so surreal.

"Sir, we were in pursuit of a wild witch! They blasted you in the face with a spell then fled through a door." Steve paused, waiting for you to burst out into a rage. "...The door disappeared when we tried to go through it. The witch... They got away."