CH.17. DISPOSABLE

"Vasudev Krishna..." Drupad said in a grave tone. "If you're here, it means you have something to say too about this case"

Krishna smiled as he casually walked towards Drupad. All the King's eyes were glued to him, especially the king of Vidarbha Rukmi's and King of Chedi, Shishupal.

"I only came here to see what my guest had done on her first day in this fine city" He came and hooked his arm around Evi's shoulder.

Evi tried to shake his arm off but he just held it even more tightly that soon it turned into a headlock. "What's with these headlocks" Evi groaned internally.

"So, do you agree with what she is saying Vasudev?" One of the Kings spoke up.

"He has been hiding behind women since he was born! Obviously he agrees with her!!" Shishupal chortled along with Rukmi.

"That sounds like something your enemy would say. What what his name again? The one who insulted you 100 times and then you killed him?" Evi whispered to Krishna.

"A few more jabs at me and you will find yourself at the same place' Krishna sported a grin which made Evi chuckle. "But yea, that's that guy. Shishupal"

Evi looked back at the king. " A weird name not gonna lie" she whispered back.

"I am sorry King Drupad that I let Chedi Naresh Shishupal interrupt your court just out of his spite against me. I assure you next time I will be the bigger person and personally take our fights outside" Krishna addressed Drupad while bowing, leaving the king of Chedi as red as a tomato in anger.

"Nice one" Evi put gave a discreet thumbs up to congratulate Krishna's comeback.

The court again settled down as everyone waited for Krishna's opinion. Even though he did not mean anything to the kingdom, everyone knew that his opinions were the truest of all, and if not heeded would let to grave consequences.

"I believe that the punishment decided by Devika is enough. However it not enough to just punish the Shopkeeper".

"Wait what?" Duryodhan interrupted. "Vasudev, Meenakshi had nothing to do with this-"

"I am not talking about her. I am talking about this person" Krishna pointed at Evi.

"ME!?" Evi looked around to see if she was being mistaken. " Why me? I didn't even do anything!"

" Exactly! Yuvraj Duryodhan and Angraj Karna, can you tell me what happened after the ruckus?"

The two looked at each other. Karna also walked up to the front to address the matter and help Duryodhan who was already fidgeting with the turn of events. He did not want Evi to get into trouble, but he couldn't figure out on what basis Krishna wanted to punish Evi.

"Umm. We interrupted the fight. But later as we were getting late, we left the place-" Karna replied after sensing Duryodhan's discomfort.

"And what about Devika? Did she accompany you? Did she even thank you two? Did she report this incident to the king? If it hadn't been for you two, King Drupad would have never come to know about all this"

"what the hell are you getting at Krishna??" Evi whispered even more firmly as her eyes widened with realisation about what was happening.

" The shopkeeper indirectly insulted you, but miss Devika didn't think it was significant enough to inform you about the ruckus. I believe my fiancee is intelligent enough to know that a king's image is important for the kingdom to stay relevant. How else would you have found out that there were people in your Rajya who held vile thoughts about you and your eldest daughter? If not for Yuvraj Duryodhan and Angraj Karna, you would have never suspected this. And as a more experienced king, you very well know how such small negative thoughts eventually lead to rebellions. Her misjudgement could have costed you more than you can think of King Drupad."