CH.46. 5 DAYS

" HOW DARE YOU USE HIS SWORD?" Yudhishthir's voice was still ringing in Evi's ears as she tried to comprehend what just happened.

The eldest Pandavas was crouching in front of her, clasping his hand as it throbbed in pain. 

" What THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Evi snapped. " DID YOU FORGET I AM AS HARD AS A DIAMOND?" she said as she instinctively sat down to look at Yudhishthir's hand that was now busted and bleeding. " Goodness lord.... what's the matter with you?"

Yudhishthir, who was wincing in pain started taking deep breaths as Evi's words hit him. "seriously! What is WRONG WITH ME?"  He looked around himself as the onlookers started gossiping about his impulsive behaviour. This wasn't the Pandava they respected. This wasn't the Pandava they knew. Who was he? What happened to the calm and composed Yudhishthir?

" Rajkumar!" Shikhandini too went near the duo as she looked at Yudhishthir's hand. " I am sorry Evi, I should have told him that Mahamahim has himself donated the sword to the barracks" Shikhandini said.

" Yea you should have" Evi stood up and left as she regretted the tone of her voice. Her anger towards both of them came out at the wrong time. Moreover, Evi knew her anger wasn't really justified.

---

Yudhishthir too left in daze as he went to his room to get his hands healed. He asked Shikhandini to leave, who reluctantly left his room and went to the barracks to organise her own area for the troops that were coming from Panchal, to be trained under her jurisdiction.

Yudhishthir sat down on his bed as he dipped his hand in the cool water left by the maids. " Something is seriously wrong with me" he looked at his reflection in the water.

In no way did he look like a 25 year old. He didn't have any friends to compare, but still, he knew he didn't. He wished so much, for his younger brothers to look as lively as possible, but he remembered the terror that got plastered on their faces since the Lakshagraha incident.

An incident, so traumatising, that their bodies were still recuperating from the starvation. It had been two years, but nothing could erase the memories. Their mother developed insomnia that night, and he got burdened with the guilt of letting the five innocent lives be killed in the fire in their place, to trick the Kauravas.

" I have never gotten this angry on the Kauravas even... Then why? Why am I so angry at HER?"

He remembered getting angry at Evi whenever he would see Nakul's crooked nose or Bheem's gun shot wound. Whenever he would find Arjun crying for losing Draupadi and Sahadev stressing about how he couldn't prophecise the future anymore, he would blame her, and then himself.

If only he hadn't seen her drowing in the river that day, would they have been suffering so much? Would he be punished with such responsibilities? Would he be blamed for every little step?

" Devika... What are you? Are you Kali incarnate? Do you bring out the worst desires in a person? What are you!? Why do I hate you so much!"

" Calm down putra" Yudhishthir's head turned towards the voice.

" Maa... Kakashree?" He shot up from his bed as he looked at the two elders. Instinctively, he lowered his head in shame as he couldn't believe that even they had seen him in such a condition. " I... I am sorry for this Maa. I.. I don't know why I am acting like this..." Yudhishthir stuttered as tears brimmed in his eyes.

" No Putra, its alright" Kunti came in and caressed her eldest son. " Your Kakashree actually wanted to discuss the same" she looked at Vidur.

" Putra Yudhishthir, I too, share this feeling of agitation towards Miss Devika" Vidur confessed. " I have never, in my whole life, felt such hatred towards anyone, let alone a woman. I can understand her pain.... Vasudev Krishna left her, she has lost her close friends and family and in agony she acted rashly which ended up in the current situations.... but still, I cannot seem to erase this hatred from my heart and my mind"