CH.50. BROKEN BONDS

(please read the author's note at the end, its important)

Shakuni stormed out and ordered a guard to hand him a bow.

"Mamashree what are you-" Dussashan was now concerned with what happened inside his father's room.

"MOVE AWAY!" Shakuni shoved him, "IF THOSE IDIOTS CANNOT DO THIS, I WILL"

Dussashan shuddered as he saw Shakuni hold onto the bow with murderous intent. He ran to a different corridor, while keeping in pursuit of Shakuni's plan. Who was he trying to kill? Shakuni was good with arrows, but he had lost his power. He either had to be quite near the target, or the target had to be moving comparatively slow.

As he followed his uncle, he heard the galloping horse, mounted by both Dusshala and Dhristhdyumn. "WHY ARE THEY STILL HERE!?"

He watched the two trying to escape before the doors could shut, just when Dusshala left a pigeon out from her arms. "A letter?"

He looked at his Mamashree who was already aiming for his target, the letter.

"SAVE IT BHRATA!!" Dusshala screamed as Dhristhdyumn fastened the pace of the horse and leapt out of the half closed gates. The soldiers looked at each other in confusion, as to whether to follow the duo or leave them.

Dussashan saw Shakuni bracing the bowstring, but he was on the other side of the hallway. There was only one way to save the pigeon. He would need to shoot for his Mamashree.

He took out his dagger and threw it across , to the opposite corridor, and it teared through the bowstring, only missing Shakuni's eyes by a hair breadth.

Shakuni stood still as the arrow fell from his hands. He let go of the bow too, letting it fall onto the ground with a huge thud. That's it, he knew, the Kauravas had completely severed their bond with him.

Duryodhan and Karna too rushed to the scene and were dumbfounded. They looked at Dussashan who shivered in fear and tried to console him, while also being aware of Shakuni's increasing rage.

But Duryodhan knew, his uncle wouldn't do anything. Not now atleast. But revenge has been in his blood. He could tell by his eyes.

Shakuni never told them his backstory. He would always say, " its a revenge story, of Gandhar", and never mention against whom it was. The first time he introduced the chamber to the Kauravas, he had locked them up in it for hours, under the name of 'training', which left almost everyone gasping for air and concussing.

Duryodhan knew, from that point on, what may have happened to his uncle. He tried to ask his mother, but she would always stay quiet, and so did his father. The only one who came close to giving an answer, was his Pitamah, but he too only said, " I have committed a grave sin.... But in the limits of dharma. You will understand when you grow up".

The two exchanged glances, full of betrayal but also love, and in a moment broke it. Shakuni walked off, not uttering a single word.

"Will it be okay Jyesth? I... I didn't know what else to do.... Dusshala screamed to save the bird-" Dussashan stuttered.

" Don't take her name anymore okay? Atleast until everything is resolved" Duryodhan ordered. He then turned to Karna and said, "I have a favour to ask Mitra"

"Just order me" Karna said, unsure of the current situations.

"That prince wouldn't be able to save Rajkumari Draupadi alone. Can you please tag along with them?"

"On it" Karna  dashed off, leaving the brothers behind.

"You won't be going?" Dussashan asked.

"I... have a few things to think about. Ask the soldiers to go back to their places. After an hour, gather all our brothers in my chamber, okay?"