CH.34. RIGHT TO DIE

" Missing?" Evi breathed out. She knew, something was wrong. She looked at Arjun and Dussashan as she ordered, " You two, leave".

" What?" The two asked Evi in confusion. They were in an enormous hall, and no one else was there except the four. " Us?"

" Yes, leave. I need to talk to Balaram alone" Evi shifted her gaze to Balaram as she fisted both of her hands. " Calm down" she whispered to herself.

As the two left the hall, Balaram continued.

" Evi... listen to me"

" What?" Evi's tone was getting graver by the second.

" He.. has been missing since the day of the wedding. None of us has seen him since then. He's... gone"

" Go-Gone? WHat GONE!? HE'S THE FUCKING GOD!" Evi screamed as Balaram flinched. 

" Evi try to understand- He surely has his reasons-"

" SHUT UP! SHUT UP! S H U T  THE FUCK UP!" Evi roared as she stomped on the ground, making cracks on the marble floor. " DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH HE PUT ME THROUGH!? THAT FUCKING BITCH-"

" Evi please-"

" No, NO. CALL HIM HERE RIGHT NOW. THE ONLY PERSON WHO I WILL FACE NOW IS HIM. CALL THAT COWARD"

" Evi... please. Calm down"

" Didn't you say you would help me Balaram? That you will support me whenever possible? What happened to that? Are all Gods just raging hypocrites now? What entertainment are you all getting from torturing me? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

" Evi, I know, I am sorry. But I- I-... I cannot call him. I am not allowed to contact him"

" NOT ALLOWED? YOU OF ALL PEOPLE? " Evi scoffed. "TELL ME WHERE HE IS AND I WILL SEE WHAT MAKES HIM OH SO POWERFUL THAT HE DARES TO LEAVE OUR DEAL LIKE THIS"

" Evi I cannot tell you"

" You won't huh? OF COURSE YOU WON"T YOU DUMB FUCKING ASSHOLE" Evi started stomping towards the exit.

" Where are you going?" Balaram

" You all will understand what I am going through when I keep someone hostage" Evi grumbled. She turned back as her menace dripped from her words, " Let's see how Krishna holds up when his sister's head gets blown off"

" NO EVI-" Balaram dashed to stop her. 

Balaram was a mace weilder, but Evi was much more faster. She ducked down from Balaram's attack and punched his guts as hard as she could, making him fly off and crash with the walls of the hall.

Evi's face curled up in disgust as she saw the pathetic 'God' in front of her. " Balaram my ass" she turned back to leave just when she was stopped by a female figure.

" Evi, don't do anything rash" Nainavati said as her husband too backed her up.

" You..." Evi growled, glaring at the woman draped in white blocking her way " You're a God too aren't you?"

" Will it help? If I do tell you who we are"

" oh believe me it will" Evi treaded closer to her face, her eyes screaming murder. " It will decide whether I kill you or not"

" It's mindless creatures like you who think killing Gods is an easy task" The Pandit scoffed, his eyes cold as ice. His face was rigid, as if he had encountered this million times over. That made Evi snap. 

" You're mistaken" She brushed past Nainavati and stood eye to eye with the Pandit. " In no universe are you a God to me. You all are just pests, leeching off of humans and their desires"