CH.57. GAMBLE

"

A meeting?" Duryodhan asked the Sindh officials, " why does your King want a meeting when there's just two months left for the wedding?"

" Its nothing much, he just wants to have a pre-ceremony" the official laughed, " Sindhuraj loves to celebrate such things. He says that before the engagement ceremony, he would love to meet and greet your family"

" Well..." Dhritarashtra scratched his beard, " I don't see any problem"

" He wants to meet the Pandavas too Pitashree" Duryodhan said, " I don't understand why he wants to do so"

" Sindhuraj has heard about the new Kingdom of Pandavas.... Indraprastha. How they have saved the ecosystem and yet managed to layout a beautiful settlement. He is also a Kuru isn't he? Sindhuraj wants to meet the whole family of his future bride"

" And why will Jarasandha be there?" Duryodhan asked.

" He is still under a contract with him, Yuvraj" the official said, " but don't worry, after the wedding, our allegiance will be with Hastinapur"

---

"Is it necessary to attend the ceremony?" Shikhandini said to her husband, " I think this is a ploy"

" We haven't seen our sister in months Dini" Yudhisthir replied, " it won't be a surprise if we aren't even invited to her wedding. This may be the last time we can meet"

" JYESTH!" Arjun barged through the door, " Ah sorry Bhabhishree, I didn't know you were in here"

"Arjun how many times have I told you not to barge in like this?" Yudhisthir scolded his brother.

" No no, don't scold him Arya, its fine. I was just leaving. You two can talk.... but I do hope you put a bit more thought on the visit to Sindh"

" Oh, I actually came to talk about that-" Arjun interrupted, " I won't be going with you all"

" What?" Yudhishthir questioned, " why?"

" I got a letter from Baldau, Jyesth... he has asked me to come to Dwarka this instant"

" Can't you go after we visit Sindh?... I think we all should meet Dusshala atleast once before her wedding"

" Baldau's letter seems urgent Jyesth" Arjun forwarded the letter to Shikhandini.

" It does" Shikhandini replied after scanning the letter, " I think we will need to make changes according to this"

" hmm.." Yudhishtir scratched his chin, " if you don't come with us..... do you think it will reduce our security?"

" It certainly will" Shikhandini and Arjun replied in unison.

" Ugh.... I thought we all can go together" Yudhisthir sighed, " I was already going to make Bheem stay back... but if you're not going.... then he will have to accompany us"

" Make Nakul stay back, his work with the relocation of the demons isn't over yet" Shikhandini reminded Yudhishthir, " Sahadev will want to meet Dusshala the most. I don't think leaving him behind would be good"

" I will try to join you all in Sindh directly if possible... the visit is in two weeks right? I can probably make it in the last moment" Arjun spoke, " Hopefully I can finish my task at Dwarka in the week"

" Nakul would be pissed" Yudhisthir sighed.

" I will talk to him" Shikhandini consoled Yudhisthir as she and Arjun left for their designated assignment.

---

" I will be leaving tomorrow" Dusshala said, " I will head for Hastinapur and then from there we will leave for Sindh"