CH.59. MY OTHER HALF

"

She's not at fault here" Dussashan breathed out, as he directed Karna's focus at Hridasura's body that his two children and Sahadev were protecting at a corner. 

As he dispelled the shield, Draupadi ran out in the arena, hoping that Evi would stop the madness after seeing her. She searched the skies as she saw Evi directing her hand to a similar figure, her sister.

" EVIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Draupadi screamed, her voice cracking at anticipation. She couldn't watch her only sister die, not at the hands of the woman she loved.

Draupadi's scream pierced Evi's ears, as for a second her attention diverted to her wife. But just as her arm lowered, Shikhandini, who didn't hear Draupadi's scream, saw an opening and hurled a spear, hoping to destroy Evi's hand.

But as the spear missed Evi's palm and reached upto her head, her body reacted at the assault and Evi's mind fogged again, refocusing onto the attackers. 

The group caught attention of the fight that ensued outside, as Yudhisthir and Karna decided to fight against Evi directly and stop her attacks from harming the innocents any more.

" SHE'S THE VICTIM! HOW DARE YOU GO AGAINST HER WHEN YOU YOURSELF PUT HER IN THIS SITUATION?" Duryodhan protested, his eyes red with rage.

" MITRA PLEASE LISTEN-"

" NO! I PROHIBIT YOU FROM ATTACKING EVI! SHE NEEDS TO BE SAVED, NOT ATTACKED!"

" DURYODHAN!" Yudhisthir screamed, "What will you tell her when she calms down huh? That she killed millions while in rage? That she killed women and children just because she couldn't keep herself calm? How will you keep her calm then? Do you think she will forgive us if we let her be like this? We have already led to her lover's death Duryodhan, let us not give her more reasons to be sad.... please"

Karna and Yudhisthir left without listening anymore, as they knew it would take sometime for Duryodhan to come to terms with the situation.

" AAAAAARRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Duryodhan clutched his head in anger, not knowing what to do. He looked over to his siblings, one clinging to life and the other one almost in the verge of breaking down as he held his sister. His vision fogged up as tears pricked his eyes, his head hammering through his skull and his body almost failing to stand up. " For them.." he rubbed his eyes out, " I need to go against you, Evi..... I am the one who brought Magadhraj into our matters.... and I will be the one to finish him.... even if it costs me my life" 

He dashed to the arena, picking up swords from the dead soldiers on the way, running past a dazed Draupadi. 

She dropped down to her knees, with her voice gone because of the strain, she looked back at the Hiranya and Shruta, who were sitting beside their father's body along with Sahadev, grieving at their loss.

" Is... he..." Draupadi approached them and stood still as she saw the gaping wound in Hridasura's chest.

" My father... we need to get him out of here" Shruta cried.

" NO! His last wish was staying near Bari maa!" Hiranya protested, tear marks marking both of their faces, " we need to bring back his heart.... without that we cannot fulfill our last rites"

" Aryaputra Sahadev... you once brought back Hridasura to life right? Why can't you do that again?" Draupadi pleaded, almost denying the reality.

" Hridasura's heart gave him immortality Panchali.." Sahadev mumbled, " that's how he got his name.... each demon has a part of their body, or an object when they keep their life force intact, as a defence mechanisms against predators.... But Jarasandh... he demolished his heart... and now-"