~EPILOGUE~

Evi pulled out her shoes, and let the grass hug her feet.

She could see the bumbling brook flowing past the lushious green trees. 

The trees, which held some kind of fruit.

It was the time for the ultimate test.

She opened her SPECS, looking at her energy input. Tracking every digit, she gobbled down the fruit, hoping for the best, probably for the first time.

The digits increased. She was able to use the energy of the surroundings. The planet could sustain her life force. 

A smile adorned her face, but she hid it behind her arms. Tears soon started to flow, millions of thoughts dashing past her brain.

In a few minutes, the Galaxtic spaceship vanished too, returning to its owner. 

Evi sighed, waiting for something to move her. An impulse. Someone. Something.

Till then, she heard the chirping of the birds, the rustling of leaves as well as the flowing water. Just when she heard a cry, a loud wail. A wail of a man.

Habits died hard, and Evi ran towards the noise, not even thinking twice.

As soon as she reached the spot, she saw a man decked in gold, crying his lungs out. 

Cautiously she sat down, and asked,

" What happened sir?"

The man raised his head, tears marring his handsome face.

" Oh lord... oh Devi... what should I do? What kind of a father am I? What kind of a husband am I?" he cried, as Evi encouraged him to share his problems,

" My wife.... she keeps killing our babies...she has killed seven of our children!"

Evi swore she heard this story. She swore, it was what she was thinking.

" Are you.... king Shantanu?" Evi asked, her hands getting clammy.

" Y-yes" Shantanu wiped his tears, " w-why do you ask?"

" Because-"

Evi was again at a crossroad. Whether to change the Mahabharata or not. Whether to let things happen in her presence or not. To turn a blind eye to the possibility of the future.

" Because?" Shantanu asked, hoping for an answer.

" Because then.... I agree with your wife's actions" Evi breathed out. " There are reasons behind her actions.... no mother kills her babies without any plausible cause. Birth is not a miracle your Majesty, a woman has to fight even death to give birth to a child. If Devi Ganga has decided on such an act, then I am sure, she has her reasons"

" I... but my sons..." Shantanu pleaded.

" If Devi Ganga's actions are wrong, the heavens will punish her accordingly" Evi couldn't believe the words that were slipping off of her tongue. But she couldn't let Bhishma be born, the root of everything. " Please.... take my advice. I have lived a long life Your Majesty, and even if you have to take my word as a 'daan', do it. But please, don't go against your wife on this matter"

" My wife is pregnant with our eighth child" Shantanu mumbled, " maybe she wants a daughter and not a son?"

" I guess that may be true too" Evi nodded, giving a sad smile as she patted Shantanu on his back, " but for some reason I think your ninth child will be the wonder baby"

" Y-you mean this one too-"

"hmm..." Evi slowly nodded her head, not hiding the possible future. 

After a few hours of exchange, Shantanu left with a stone on his heart, hiding the feeling of loss and grief of his eight sons.

Evi sighed, her eyes not moving from Shantanu's silhoutte.

Just a second back on her planet, and she was already messing with the events.

Maybe it was in her blood. Or maybe, its just what she wanted to happen.

A future which she wouldn't know. A future, that remains a mystery. A future, where there's hope and freedom.

As Evi turned around, a wide smile appeared in her view.

And she knew, the aura, as menacing as it was calming, it was HIM.

" Krishna.." Evi arms instinctively went around his shoulders, gripping him close to her.

" Woah woah... PDA alert!" Krishna joked, but hugged her back tighter, and even lifted her up into his arms. " You're way too happy to see your Dumb fucking asshole of a god"

" Wait what?" Evi was shocked, " you know?"

" Well I know every information that comes in this universe" Krishna replied, " including your half fried brain"

" YOU READ MY MIND?"

" Not really, I just KNOW things. Its spontaneous Evi, I cannot help it!" Krishna put his hands up in defeat. "Look curse at me all you want, but hey! you're back"

" After a millenium!" Evi whined, " fuck how do you guys even live this long? Yugs after Yugs?"

" Well we organise raves" Krishna laughed, " and we have LOTS of wine and drugs"

" ahhhhhh...." Evi nodded her head, " that does sound fun"

" Wanna join sometime? You are the most famous human right now among us"

" Can I first die please?" Evi asked nonchalantly, " this arm that you made inactive against me, still has its suicide inhibition lock"

" Ah, why go out with that when you can go up to heaven with this" Krishna pointed his index finger towards the sky, as a big Sudarshan chakra adorned it.

" Woahh....." Evi said, the halo of the chakra almost blinding her. " This is amazing"

" I know...." Krishna boasted, "anyhow, do you want to reincarnate?"

" What kind of ghisa-pita (weirdass) question is this?" Evi whined, " Of course NOT! I want to die!"

" I thought you... would want a life for once" Krishna mumbled, " you know... like Radhika"

Evi stopped, her eyes widening. " Fuck he knows about her too?"

" Of course I know about her! I know everything that happened in that universe because the blitz blew holes in the cosmic fabric making the travel of information as well as objects possible between universes"

"STOP READING MY MIND!" Evi hit Krishna on the side which didn't hold the chakra. 

" Ouch.. okok. I will stop. But seriously, I think you deserve a boon. Tell me, What do you want?"

Evi again got lost in her mind. What DID she want?

" I just want to die Krishna" Evi stated, after giving the question a long thought, " that's all I have been begging for,  since forever"

Krishna smiled sadly, her hand cupping Evi's face. " Then so be it"

Krishna took some steps back, as Evi kneeled on the ground bracing for the impact. At last, her wish was going to be fulfilled. Atlast, she will be free. Krishna lifted his hands, his eyes focusing only on Evi, who had her eyes closed, who had submitted herself to his mercy. 

" You did not make me miserable Evi, ... you did not make me contemptuous towards myself either. You just made me human....and I cannot thank you enough for such a blessing"

Shedding a tear of sadness as well as fulfillment, feeling every emotion that Evi herself was feeling, Krishna at last let his Sudarshan Chakra tear away Evi's head;

" I free you from the bounds of mortal flesh, as your energy shall merge with the cosmos and remain free and ever changing, calm but never stagnant. Goodbye, Evi.... and welcome back home"

.
.
.

EVI HAS FOUND HER HOME, AND HER PEACE.
ITS TIME THE WRITER FINDS HER PEACE TOO.
AND SO DO THE READERS.

GOOD BYE.