Favorite toy

Charlie was playing with her baby boy, Y/N, on the floor of their living room. Y/N was giggling and cooing, reaching for his favorite toy, a soft plush dinosaur that he loved to chew on. Charlie was trying to crawl around on all fours, pretending to be a monster. Vaggie walked in, tired after the day, when she accidentally stepped on the toy with her foot, causing it to break.

"Oh no!" Charlie exclaimed. Vaggie looked down and realized what had happened. She and Charlie saw the look of shock and sadness on Y/N's face as he realized his toy was broken. "I'm so sorry, buddy!" Vaggie exclaimed.

Y/N started to cry, his little face crumpling up in distress as he looked up at Vaggie. Vaggie felt terrible for having broken his favorite toy and causing him so much upset. She picked him up and held him close, rubbing his back and trying to soothe him.

"I'm sorry, little guy," she said softly, rocking him back and forth. "I didn't mean to break it. Mommy's so sorry."

Y/N continued to cry, his little sobs breaking both women's heart.

"There there there. It's ok little guy. Don't cry." Charlie said. Vaggie knew how much that toy meant to him, and she felt terrible for having ruined it. She tried to distract him with other toys, but Y/N was inconsolable, crying and reaching for his broken dinosaur.

Finally, Vaggie decided to take action. She knew she couldn't fix the toy, but she could try to make things better for Y/N. She scooped him up and headed to the store, determined to find a replacement for his beloved toy.

At the store, Vaggie searched high and low for a toy that looked like Y/N's dinosaur. Finally, she found a similar plush toy and held it up to Y/N, hoping it would make him feel better. Y/N looked up at the toy with wide eyes, and slowly, his cries began to subside.

"Look, buddy," Vaggie said, holding the toy out to him. "It's a new dinosaur for you. Do you like it?"

Y/N reached out and touched the toy, his tears drying up as he examined it. He still looked a little sad, but Vaggie and Charlie could tell he was starting to feel better. Vaggie held him close, and the three of them headed home, grateful to have found a way to make things right.