5. Mystery

Hunter Montgomery

The coach called me as I was doing my warm-ups.

"Montgomery ! Go see what Blackwood is doing. She's been gone for too long." He said.

I headed to the girls bathroom passing through the hallways before stopping in front of the room I was looking for.

As I walked in I could hear someone throwing up.

"Ava, are you okay ?" I asked. "I'm fine." She said with a low voice.

"You don't seem to be okay." I insisted. "I told you I was fine !" She said a little louder. "Now, can you please leave ?" She asked with the same low voice as before.

"The coach asked me to go look after you. If I go back there without you he's gonna be mad." As I finished my sentence I heard the flush before I saw her coming out.

"Let's go. I wouldn't want to make the coach unhappy." She said as she started walking towards the exit of the room.

"Stop staring at me like a creep. I told you I was fine so why do you seem so worried ?" She asked a little annoyed.

"Maybe because I don't believe you. You were throwing up two minutes ago so stop telling me your fine." I said.

" Look, I just didn't digest my lunch. There's nothing to worry about, really."

Something was telling me she was lying but I didn't want to annoy her more than I already was so I stopped bothering her.

***

When the training was over we got welcomed by Jace's stupid face.

"Hey,Ava!" He screamed as he ran towards us. "I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house for a game night?"

"I don't know, it's not really my thing." She said.

"Come on it's on friday and you can bring Maria. He said. "No, in fact, you have to bring Maria."

"Fine. I guess I can try to come."

"You just made me the happiest guy in the world." He said a little too exited.

She started walking away as the asshole screamed : "Don't forget to bring Maria !"

I could tell she rolled her eyes at his comment. She always does when I talk to her.

"So..." Jace started. "So what ? I asked confused.

"Aren't you gonna say thank you ?" He asked. "Thank you for what ?" I asked even more confused.

" Thank you for inviting the girl I'm interested in to our game night so I can flirt with her all night." He said trying to imitate me.

"I'm not interested in Ava." I said. "Sure. And Maria isn't hot."

"Look, I'm not interested in her. That girl is a mystery, I'm just trying to know who she is." I explained.

" You're creepy, bro. Leave the poor girl alone. I don't see what's so mysterious about her." He said before leaving.

***

I walked in the classroom and went toward Ava.

"Hey, Butterfly." I said with a smile.