25. Hospital

It was 8 am. The nurse had left after bringing my breakfast.

I was laying in bed. I had nothing to do so I kept staring at the ceiling. It was Thursday. Three days had passed since I fainted.

Hunter came to see me every day.

Today, he was supposed to come so we could watch a movie.

The door of my room opened revealing my mother.

" Hey. " She said.

I smiled. I hadn't seen her in a while. She was always busy with work. She had proposed to take some holidays to come see me everyday but I told her she didn't have to.

I just didn't want her to see her daughter in a hospital bed every day. She was acting like everything was fine but I knew deep down she was hurting as much as I was.

For her it was like coming back to the start. To when I would cry in the bathrooms for hours wondering why I couldn't make people love me.

To when I would try to cut my bulges with  scissors so I would be pretty like the other girls.

I don't what would have happened if she didn't walk in the room before I could do it.
And I don't think I want to know.

" I brought you some snacks. You don't have to eat them but I'd like you to try. "

She was really trying to help me. She had been since my dad left. She was like my best friend. We would have pyjama parties where we would watch movies or having pillow fights.

I miss that time.

" Thank you. " I said.

I tapped the space that was left on my bed so she would come and sit next to me.

She laid down and placed her head on my shoulder.

" I'm sorry that I'm making it so difficult for you. " I said.

At that moment, I felt like I was a twelve years old girl again. Apologizing to my mom for making her life a living hell.

" You don't have to be sorry. We're gonna make it, Honey. You'll be fine. " She whispered.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

***

It was late. Hunter had arrived and we were both laying in my hospital bed. We were watching a romantic movie. He didn't want to at first but I didn't give him a choice.

" Open your mouth. " He said. " I'm not hungry. "

" Ava... "

He looked disappointed. I didn't want him to be disappointed. I opened my mouth so he could give me the popcorn.

He smiled.

" I'm proud of you. "

He wasn't supposed to. There was nothing to be proud of.
I had been thinking a lot about it. I wasn't sure that I should be with him. I was ruining his life.

I faked a smile and turned my attention back to the screen.

Hunter suddenly stopped the movie and pulled me closer to him. I looked into his eyes. It was comforting.

" This movie is boring. " He said.
" YOU are boring. "

He acted like he was hurt by my comment which made me laugh.

" So what do you wanna do ? " I asked.

He pointed his lips so I would kiss him. I refused.

" Since when do you decline my kisses ? " He asked.

" Since you have a bad breath. " I answered.

He looked at me with the smile he usually made when he was about to do something I don't like.

He got on top of me and started tickling me.
I was laughing my ass out asking him to stop but of course he didn't want to.

" Hunter...please... I can't...breath. " I said between laughs.

" It's because you can't stand my beauty. "

" Yeah, that must be that. "

Our face were now inches apart. We connected our lips. We stayed like that for a moment before we pulled away.

"Can you guys stop touching each other we have things to talk about. "

Payton barged into the room. She was holding little colored cards.

" Which color ? " she asked.

"For what ?"

"For your prom dress. What else ? " she said like it was obvious.

I looked at the different shades. One of them catched my eyes.

It was a sort of emerald green.

"This one." I said. " Good choice."

She sat on the bed and opened her laptop. She went into an application where we could see several drawing.

" so for you I was thinking about a corset type of dress. Not like old time but a more moderne type. "

I listened to her trying to understand what she was saying. Hunter was standing on my left. He seemed annoyed by his sister's presence.

" what do you think about this dress ? I think it would suit you perfectly. "

I nodded. It was a beautiful strapless corset dress.

After discussing about the dress for a little longer, Payton left.

"Finally." Hunter growled. " why so grumpy ?" I asked.

"Because I was waiting to do that."

He came closer to me and placed his lips on mine.

***

Hunter had left ten minutes ago and I was left alone thinking about my life.

I was thinking about my relationship with him. He was tired because he was always looking out for me. I could see the dark circles under his eyes everyday.

I couldn't help thinking it was my fault. I had came into his life like a big tornado and destroyed everything on my way.

It shouldn't be so hard for him. He shouldn't have to worry about me so much.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was 10 pm but I wasn't tired. I couldn't seem to fall asleep. My thoughts were too loud and were making it impossible.

I looked at the ring that Hunter offered me. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. I love him so much and that was why I had to do this. For him.

----------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new chapter.

It's not the best, sorry.

<3