6. Game night

Ava Blackwood

(Mention of alcohol)

It was Friday night which meant me and Maria had to get ready for the game night at Jace's house. To be honest, I wasn't really excited to go there but I promised Jace to come.

The incident with Hunter in the bathroom gave me more reasons not to go. That's why I decided to ignore him.

Yes I know I was acting like a child but I was scared he would have told someone about it.

When I had this conversation with him I knew he didn't believe my excuse.

"Okay, Ava, ready to go ?" Maria asked. "If I told you I wasn't ready, would it make a difference ?"

"No, now let's go." She said.

I knew Maria had a crush on Jace. It was kinda obvious. She was always so excited when he was around.

The car ride was very quiet which was surprising knowing that Maria usually never stop talking.

As we parked in front of Jace's house I started to panic.

"Maria, can't we just go back to my house and have a girls night ?" I asked.
"No way, Ava, we are staying."

I at least tried.

Jace didn't let us a chance of knocking as he directly opened the door.

"Maria, you look so fucking hot today." He said without taking his eyes off her.

"Nice to see you too, Jace." I said sarcastically. "Oh. Hey, Ava."

We walked into the house and saw none other than Hunter Montgomery.

I looked away to avoid him because I was still not ready to talk to him. We went in the leaving room where a beer pong was settled.

There were other boys from the team and a girl with black hair that I didn't know.

"When you talked to me about a game night I wasn't expecting this sort of games." I told Jace.

"Don't worry, we're keeping the beer pong for the end of the night." He said. "Is that supposed to make me feel better ?" I asked turning my face to Maria.

The game night started and It was kind of fun.

We first played truth or dare and Maria had to kiss Jace. Let's say they didn't seem annoyed by that.

We then played never have I ever and it was time to announce the next game.

"For the next game, we will play seven minutes in heaven."

It was probably Hunter's idea. Let's hope I don't find myself stuck in a closet with him for seven minutes.

We formed a circle and Maria placed a bottle in the middle of it. I was sitting right in front of Hunter. Jace sat next to him and next to me was Maria.

Everyone already had their turn except for Hunter. I ended up with this guy named Josh or Justin I'm not sure. What I know is that it was hella awkward.

As Hunter made the bottle spin I made sure to not take my eyes of it.
The bottle landed on the girl next to me but of course Jace had to pass to sit next to Maria and make the bottle move which ended up pointing at me.

"And it lands on Ava." A guy I assume to be friends with Hunter said. "That's not fair ,Jace made the bottle move with his foot !" I complained.

"We didn't see that." My stupid neighbor said.

I rolled my eyes and followed him to the closet. Jace closed the door and we stood there without making a noise.

"It was all your plan, wasn't it ?" I asked annoyed. "What do you mean."

"You asked Jace to had this game hoping I would end up stuck with you so I could tell you what you want to know." I said.

He looked at me and didn't say a word.

"I just don't know why you hate me. Did I do something wrong ? If it's about the bathroom thing then I promise you I won't tell anyone." He whispered.

I didn't answer him at first.

"Are you gonna say something or ?" He asked.

"I don't hate you. I just don't like you a lot. But I guess I could try to make some efforts and be friend with you." I said.

"You're serious ?" He asked with a big smile on his face.

I nodded before I felt his arms around me.

"Okay, you can let go now." I said.

He let go of me and Jace opened the door of the closet. "How did it go ?" He asked Hunter. "We're friends." He said smiling.

We got out of the closet and went for the beer pong. I wasn't gonna play. I planned on watching from the side.

"Okay. Let's make the teams. Hunter, you're with Ava, Josh and Payton the others are with me." He said.

"I'm not playing." I said. "Oh yes, you are gonna play." Maria said pulling me to the table.

We started playing and my turn arrived. I was playing against a girl with black hair. I believe her name was April. She threw the ball and it landed in the cup.

I grabbed the cup and hesitated to drink.

"If you don't want to drink I can do it instead." Hunter told me.

"That's not the game, she has to drink it." The girl on the other side of the table said.
"Fine, I'll drink it."

I emptied the cup at one gulp and it didn't feel nice. The game kept on going and let's say I drank a lot more than I expected. I was totally drunk.

I went to the garden to get some fresh air and saw Hunter.

"Hey pretty boy." I smiled.

I sat next to him and he started talking.

"I thought you didn't like drinking." He said. I giggled but didn't talk back.

After a few minutes of silence I got up but fell back on the floor immediately. Hunter helped me getting up and we went back inside.

"Hey guys, I'm going home with Ava." Maria announced. "But I'm having fun." I complained.

I sat on the ground to show Maria that I wasn't gonna leave.

"Ava, you know I can't carry you, get up." She growled. "No, I won't." I said.

Hunter walked towards me and carried me on his shoulder. "Let go of me !" I screamed. "Stop screaming, you're gonna wake the neighbors up." He said a little too loudly.

He sat me in the car and went to his own while Maria was starting it.

After 10 minutes of ride we parked in front of my house.

"Ava, get out of the car, please." Maria begged.

"Need help ?" Hunter asked getting out of his car. "Yes, please."

He carried me in a bridal style this time and walked to my room. He laid me in my bed and started to walk towards the door.

"Wait." I said stopping him from leaving. He looked at me and I couldn't help looking at his eyes.

"Have you ever got told that your eyes are beautiful ?" I whispered loudly.

"No." He whispered back. "Well they are."

"Okay, now go to sleep." He said before leaving my room.

-------------------------------------------------------

DRUNK AVA !!

AND THEY ARE NOW KIND OF FRIENDS.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Posting it on new year's eve so I wish you a happy new year.

Love <3