14. Pyjama party

" Oh my god, Ava, guess what ! " Maria said.
" What ? " I asked.

" I heard from someone that we are going to Paris. Isn't that crazy ? You've always dreamed to go there. " She said. She seemed even more happy than me.

" That's so cool ! I can't wait ! " I said.

It was a Friday morning and we were on our way to school. Two weeks had passed since I had told Hunter to stay away from me.The rest of the ride was quiet like every other day.

We arrived at school and got out of the car.

Jace came running to us.

" Hey, Ava, I don't know what exactly you told to Hunter but he's a total mess. " He said.
" Well, I don't care. " I retorted.

I wasn't in the mood to talk about him. I didn't want to hear his name or even his voice. I just wanted him gone. Out of my mind.

That's when I saw him walking towards us. I started to walk away.

" Ava, where are you going ? " Maria screamed. " Like Maddy Perez once said,
' Out of sight, out of mind. ' " I quoted.

" What the hell is she talking about ? " I heard Jace ask.

***

I had been in my math lesson for barely ten minutes and it was already annoying the shit out of me. I knew I didn't like it but was that really supposed to make me wanna die ?

I was drawing on my sheet when I heard the teacher calling my name.

" Excuse me, what ? "

" Can you, please, go solve the problem on the board ? " He asked.

Was he really asking that to me ?

" Uh, sure. " I answered.

It wasn't like I had a choice. I solved it and it surprisingly turned out correct.

" You're such a lucky girl. " Maria whispered to me when I was sitting back on my chair.

I liked the fact that Maria wasn't acting weird since I did what I did. She was acting like nothing happened and I couldn't have asked for better.

" Hey, Ava. " I heard a girl voice behind me.
I turned around to see Payton.

" I know you're not talking to my brother anymore but I was wondering if you could come to my house tomorrow morning. " She asked.

" Yeah, sure. As long as I don't have to be near him. "

" Thank you so much. " She smiled.

***

It was finally lunch time. I had been waiting for it since I first stepped into the school this morning. Not because I was hungry, but because it was the only time of the day where I got to take a break.

I was getting so tired with school. Fortunately we were getting closer to the trip in Paris. I really couldn't wait to go.

I sat on a table with Maria and Payton. She had started to talk a lot with us since I came to her house for the pictures. It was great to have a new friend.

" Okay, so, the dress you're gonna wear tomorrow is one of my best creations so
far. " Payton said excitedly.

" I can't wait to see that. " I answered.