Chapter 2 (Revised)

Knock. knock.

Kumatakok si Ken sa pintuan ng kwarto ni Amber.

"Hey cous, are you done? Uncle and aunty are already waiting at the living room."

"Wait give me a minute." Sagot ng dalaga.

After a minute, Ken heard her footsteps coming towards the door, and just a few seconds Amber opened the door and step outside her room wearing a gray three piece suit. The design is simple yet it excludes elegance with a refreshing look.

Her long black hair was nowhere to see and it was replaced by a short wavy wig. It was cut in a cool and stylish hairstyle, making him look like a handsome bachelor guy. No one will doubt that Amber is a woman with her current appearance. Even the way she moves seems like a man.

"When you said that I'm going to escort you, I thought you're going to dress up as woman." Naka-ngiwing ika ni Ken.

Amber laughs at his reaction. Her vivid amber eyes curved into mischief as she slightly tug her coat.

"No can do. You know that I can't appear like that don't you?" She said in a low modulated voice, saka niya tinapik ang balikat ni Ken.

"Yeah, yeah."

The two of them went downstairs and found Amber's parents chatting on the sofa. They've been married for almost 30 years and they still much adore each other.

"Mom, dad. We're here." Tawag ni Amber dahilan upang mapalingon ang dalawa.

"Oh my, you look dashing Amby." Eleanor smiled. "It really feels like I have a son."

"Thanks mom. You look beautiful too." Amber said making her mom giggle.

"I'm sorry baby, I know you don't want dress like this." Vladimir said saka makungkot na nginitian ang kanyak anak.

"It's fine dad. It's for my safety isn't it?" She smiled reassuring him.

"Now, that everyone's ready. Let head quickly to the venue. We don't want to be late." Eleanor said.

* * *

They arrived at the hotel owned by the Collins, and they were immediately lead towards the banquet hall. Magarbo ang ginawa nilang desenyo para sa kaarawan ng kanilang panganay na anak.

There's a lot of guest at halos lahat ng mga dumala ay ang mga business partners nila. Amber recognized some familiar faces, ang iba sa kanila ay mula sa entertainment and fashion industry.

One of them is Helga. Isa sa mga kilalang designer na naka-trabaho niya recently. Her clothes are truly amazing at maganda ang kalidad. Isa sa mga nagustuhan niyang clothing line na denisinyo ni Helga ay ang Rainy blue collections.

"Eleanor, welcome! I'm glad you made it." A woman in her late forties welcomed them. She looks young compared to her age.

"Of course Trina. Where is your son? I want to greet him." She asked.

"He's over there." Trina said and pointed towards her son's direction and called for the staff.

"Tell Martin to come here." Ika niya sa kanyang staff. Agad namang umalis ang babae upang tawagin ang anak ni Trina.

"By the way, where is Vlad?"

"Oh, your husband dragged him along as soon as he saw us." Eleanor said and laughed. "Anyway, I want you to met my kid Amber and this handsome man over here is my nephew Ken."

"Hi, tita." Bati ni Ken kay Trina.

"Yes, I know this young man. He's Isaiah's friend." Sagot ni Trina saka nginitan si Ken.