Chapter 17 (Revised)

Isaac knocked on the door several times, but no one answered. He thought that Amber had probably fallen asleep and decided to come back later. He was about to turn his back away when he heard a loud thud and a painful groan coming from inside the dressing room.

"Amber, are you okay? I'm coming in."

Isaac didn't wait for him to reply and quickly opened the door.

"What happened? Are you okay? Tanong ni Isaac ng makita niyang naka upo sa sahig si Amber habang hawak-hawak sa kanyang paa.

"I hit my lower leg on the coffee table, then the water bottle fell and hit my foot," Amber answered with teary eyes.

Isaac helped him get up and let Amber sit on the couch.

"Wait here. I'll ask them to get an ice pack."

"Thanks."

As soon as Isaac left the dressing room, Amber let out a huge sigh of relief. Mabuti na lang at nakapag-palit na siya ng damit ng pumasok si Isaac sa dressing room. Her secret was almost revealed, and Amber had no idea how to explain it to Isaac if ever na mabuking siya.

She noticed that she was getting careless these past weeks. Maybe because she felt safe in the Philippines and can trust the people around her. And also because of her family who always keep an eye on her to protect her, without invading too much of her privacy.

It was truly inconvenient, to maintain this male persona of her. She wanted to get back to her old self where she can dress whatever she wanted without fearing anything. She misses wearing girly clothes and doing her hair.

However, he couldn't do that as long as that bastard was still free.

What happened before made a deep scar on Amber's consciousness. She couldn't believe that she had to experience a panic attack just for taking a picture while wearing a ball gown.

Amber sighed.

"It's all right. Everything will be over soon."

* * *

Halos mag-dadalawang buwan na ang nakalipas mula ng matapos ang kanilang photoshoot sa Japan. They did hangout a few times until Isaac decided to distance himself for a few times.

Tonight, was the first time that Isaac saw Amber again, after a few weeks since he started avoiding him. Isaac's heart thumped at the sight of him.

Amber was dashing as ever, with his wavy hair styled in a half-ponytail while wearing a turtle neck, denim jacket, and glasses with gold rims.

"Yo! Xander is on the house!"

Rex shouted upon seeing his arrival along with his cousin Ken, who has a lady on his side.

The server handed him a beer bottle, and Xander raised it to everyone. The ladies quickly flocked around him, while Ken and his company moved toward Isaac's direction.

Isaac's eyes followed Amber as he watched him socialize with the people around him. When Ken and his lady arrived at his seat, his gaze only left Amber.

"Hey, man. How are ya? Been a while, huh?"

"Same as usual."

"Heh. By the way, this is my girl," pagpapakilala ni Ken sa kanyang nobya.

"Hi, I'm Jenna," She said with a smile.

"Isaac." Ika ni Isaac saka siya nakipagkamay sa dalaga.

"Mabuti naman at nandito ka. We haven't seen you in a while."

"I'm busy. Ngayon lang lumuwag ang schedule ko," sagot ni Isaac saka sumimsim ng alak sa kanyang baso.

His eyes unconsciously search for Amber and his expression turned a little sour when he saw him dancing with Rex, along with the woman who practically rubbed her body on Amber's.