Chapter 15 (Revised)

He doesn't know why but his boring world suddenly brightens when Amber appeared. Isaac saw him walking leisurely behind Ken and because of Amber's appearance, Isaac unknowingly relaxed his grump expression.

Halos dalawang lingo na ang nakalipas magmula ng dumating si Ken at Amber mula sa England. Ngunit ngayon lamang nila nakuhang magkita-kita dahil pare-pareho silang busy sa trabaho and it was thanks to Rex who invited them to hang out in his house to have a barbecue by the pool side.

Ken and Amber saw Rex violently fanning the grill, while Isaac was having a leisure time laying on the recliner chair.

"Hello, mate. It's been a while innit? How are you doin'?" Bati ni Amber saka siya umupo sa tabi ni Isaac.

"Good," Isaac answered. "I've been busy for the last couple of weeks as I was preparing for a new dish to add to the menu. Thankfully, I managed to get myself a few days off."

"Oh really? Be sure to call me when it's available so that I can book a reservation." He excitedly said.

Isaac chuckled.

"Sure. But if you have some free time, you can swing by my place and I'll make the dish for you. I want to hear your opinion about it."

"That sounds great!" Amber exclaimed in delight. "I'm free tomorrow. Is that fine?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Aiyo, bastard! Come here and grill this meat. You're the chef, so you should be the one cooking!" Sigaw ni Rex kay Isaac. "And stop eating, jerk!" Nakasimangot na saway nito kay Ken na panay ang kain sa naihaw niyang barbecue.

"Hell no. I'm a guest and I was the one who brought and marinated the meat, asshole." Isaac retorted and ignored Rex's complaints.

Amber couldn't help but laugh at their antics. He admired Rex, Isaac, and Ken's friendship which made Amber realize that he never really had close friends.

He has a lot of acquaintances but none of them can he consider a friend. Maybe because he never really had the intention to form any strong ties with other people. Amber already had his cousins to play with who were close to him and they dotted on him as he was the youngest.

Now, that he thought about it, Amber did have a friend during his childhood when he moved to London. Jacob brought him to Holland Park Adventure Playgrounds that time and met Pie there.

Amber gave that name to him because his name was too long and he's having trouble remembering it. In return, Pie called him Bibi. It's Pie's pet name for Amber.

"I wonder where he is now?"

"Huh, what?"

Amber glanced at Isaac and shook his head.

"Nothing. Sorry, I was just talking to myself."

"Oh. Okay." Isaac shrugged and went back to his phone.

'I wonder how he looks right now. I wish to see Pie again.'

* * *

Isaac opened the door when he received a message from Amber that he has already arrived on his doorstep.

"Hello, Bruv. I bought some mini tarts! Mum's a good baker so you should try this," Amber said chirpily and handed the box to him.

"Thanks, come in." Isaac opened the door wider for Amber.

"Ah!" Isaac exclaimed suddenly.

He remembered that he forgot to turn off the fire when he went to open the door. He was so excited that he made a terrible rookie mistake.