iv.+*

naturally, you were sitting in the middle of two people who you didn't want to be next to. for on your left side was a complete stranger who took over your entire armrest while on your right was the devil himself; connie.

he was looking out of the window, admiring the clouds. "can you pull the window down a little? it's making me kinda anxious." you sigh as you watch the clouds rip past the window. connie taps the side of his airpods and furrows his brows.

"huh?" he questions. you held back a small smile and repeat your question. he nods and  rings the shade down slightly. now, it was bearable to keep your eyes opened.

"alright folks, we'll be okay to move around the cabin in about 3 minutes." the captain said from overhead. "thank god, i been needin' to sh*t since we boarded." connie mutters as he rubs his stomach. you sent him a disgusted side-eye while simultaneously frowning intensely.

"what? it's natural." connie shrugs with a scoff. "but don't say no nasty sh*t like that in my ear like that ever again." you chuckle. connie starts to smile upon seeing that this was the first time that you've actually smiled or chuckled at something he's done.

"don't get used to this nigga. i'm only being nice for right now." you murmur. connie quickly straightens up and acted as if nothing happened.

"my bad. sorry.. ooft sorry." connie said as he moves past you to get back in his seat. "i feel like a new man though." he cheers. you shake your head and plug your airpods back in. weight shifted to your head as it started to become heavy as you fought off sleep. soon, your neck was fighting for survival to not double over on itself.

"[y/n], you can rest your head on me if you want." connie whispers. your eyes shoot open slightly, and you waved him off. "nah, i'm straight." you sigh. you adjust yourself in the seat before falling right back to square one. slowly, you felt yourself leaning over until your head hit something hard.

but at least you weren't swaying anymore. you nuzzle your cheek into connie's shoulder and finally start to drift off.

connie moved his head to the side to slightly give you more access to his nape as well. he sighs, shaking his head. "kinda wish i wasn't a prick to you now." he murmurs. he closes his eyes as well and begins to fall into a nice slumber just as you had done a few minutes ago.

four hours later, connie shakes your shoulder once more to wake you up. you jolt up, slightly forgetting that you were even in a plane. "we landed, we're about to get off." connie whispers. you nod your head and look around for your phone and airpod case. once retrieving them, you wait until the man in the outer seat stands to get off.

once he moves, you stand slightly bent over in his spot as more people pass. "f*ck bro my back is gone crack if i don't stand up in a min'." you fuss. mallory stops her walking and let's you out of your row. "thank you bro." you say as you move into the aisle.

you stretch your back and grab your book bag from the overhead compartment. it falls down on your shoulder making you wince. "be careful baby, i can carry that for you if you'd like." jean purrs from behind mallory. you turn back slightly and smile at him, earning you a wink.

"like moths to a flame." you lowly mutter. when you all got outside, there was a school bus parked in front of the building. "damn, i thought we escaped these sh*ts." mallory groans. you nod with a laugh before approaching the bus.

"let's at least get to the back seats before everyone starts to pile up in there." you suggest. mallory quickly picks up her bags and scrambles on the bus after you. in the order it went you and mallory were in the very back left seat, eren and jean in the seat right in front of you, sasha and connie in the seat next to you, and armin with a blonde girl who'd you never seen. infront of them sat mikasa in a seat alone.

she had her head on the window, eyes slightly fluttering. there were some other unfamiliar faces that you had seen, such as a tall lanky boy with brown hair accompanied by a shorter but beefier man. his hair was short and a bright blonde. they both sat in-front of eren and jean so you assumed they knew each other.

"alright alright alright, everyone listen up!" one of the chaperone's calls once they're in eyesight. the talking quieted down until the bus was silent.
"y'all are big boys and girls, y'all are capable of handling yourselves." they start, "so this bus will take you to your hotel and all the adults will be in a separate hotel. you're free to do whatever you want for the next week and half as long as there are no DRUGS, SEX, and ALCOHOL! but also don't do anything that will land you in jail because we will not be helping you."

once the speech concluded, the group looks between each other and cheers for the new gained freedom. "i'm doing everything i'm not supposed to." eren laughs to jean. he smiles back with a nod, dapping him up in the process.

"alright, safe travels and have fun!" the chaperone waves before getting off of the bus. once the doors  lose and the bus starts moving, everyone began whooping and cheering once again.

"BONFIRE PARTY ON THE BEACH TONIGHT!" a boy shouts, causing the cheering to grow even louder than before but you remained straight-faced. "as long as y'all don't wild out then i'm cool." you mumble, crossing your arms over your chest.