xvi.+*

"connie what the hell is this?!" you hiss through greeted teeth with different emotions flowing through your system. sliding up message after message, short convos between him and marshall had been exchanged. at first, they appeared regularly and civil with 'hi's' and 'how are you's'.

connie was soundly sleeping behind you, completely unaware of your rapid gaining knowledge of his secret. slowly stirring in the middle of the night, a message pinged on his phone which was tucked under your side; he had fallen asleep and left it on its own. the vibration caused you to wake, and peaked your interest in the late night texter .

the warm case sat firmly in your hands and you stared at the screen, unsure of if destroying your happiness was worth it. sighing heavily, you tap it two time though the message is hidden. "marshall?" you quietly hum aloud.

you swipe up only to be blocked by a four digit password. your fingers quickly decoded the shield with '0502'. the home screen opened and bestowed rows of apps that weren't organized in any specific manner. completely disregarding them you open the messages and read the most recent one.

_______________________________________
today 2:28 am

marshall:
"hey cutie, you up? i got some new pics🫣"
read 2:35 am
___________________________________________

scrolling up, there was it was an older conversation dating back to three months ago. the last time they had ever texted was 2 and 1/2 months ago.

a shudder runs up your spin and suddenly connie's arm wrapped around you didn't feel so loving. the touch made your skin tingle, like something wasn't right. "too deep in. f*ck it." you mutter, sucking in a sharp breath of air and returning your attention to the screen. your thumb led you to the very first conversation they had.
_______________________________________
august 2, 8:27 pm

marshall:
"lol, r u n wassaname actually a thing?"

connie:
"kind of"

marshall:
"you ain't look all tha happy w her though"

connie:
"what are you tryna get at?"

marshall:
"fw me baby. i pretty AND i will never steer you wrong"

"im *"

connie:
"what abt [y/n]"

marshall:
"mane ftb.. fw meee 🥹"

connie:
"idk what to say"

"i mean, she's cool tho"

"and idek you fr."

marshall:
"but who look better?"
"maneee idcccc fwmmmnm! you FINE😭😭🫣."

connie:
"y'all both look good. but we been kickin it for a min so i'm straight."

marshall:
"don't beat around the bush now conster🙂"

"you don't have to lie, it's jus us here 😇"

connie:
"i mean, i think it's obvious you look real good too. but i fw [y/n].."