xxiii.+*

"[y/n] wake up. momma said go clean the downstairs bathroom." a husky voice rang from the other side of your door. a soft groan escaped your lips as you rolled over, getting tangled deeper into your blankets.

no visible sunlight was the sun shining through your curtains informing you it was still early in the morning. "yo what? i clean my bathroom every thursday.. it's tuesday." you call back, laying in a disoriented silence for jalens reply.

"yeah coo but it's dirty. it's hair in the sink an some more." "it's not my hair because i do my hair in here." you snarl, irritation now entangled with your morning feng shui. "aight so it's mines! but my mom said since it's yo' bathroom you clean it."

confusion sets tone on your face before your eyebrows furrow and you scoff in denial. "that sh*t don't even make no sense. get away from my door and clean up your own sh*t! you not no damn baby."as a final message, you toss restlessly in the sheets for an audible signal that you were going back to bed.

again jalen starts though you instantly tune out his vocals; the door to your room creaks open before disembodied footsteps strut to the end frame of your bed, then going silent. "buggy get up man. moms gone and i'm bored." jalen commands, roughly shaking the headboard back and forth.

"jalen bro. you finna piss me off if you don't leave me alone." with an aggressive tone, you shoot straight up in bed and crosses your arms over your chest. in response jalen rolled his eyes before letting go a dramatically sighs. "you clearly not a morning person," he teased, "and yo' bonnet finna fall off."

the blanket flys back as you prepare to fight jalen; his reaction time was fast enough for him to slip right past you and back down the hall, his footsteps receding.

"what the f****ck." you mutter, dropping back on your pillows before patting around for your phone. "it's too early for this."

your phone read just a few minutes past nine. on a regular day, you'd sleep in until at least twelve. the phone screen breaks into black before being tossed in your sheets. with a blank mind you stare at the ceiling internally convincing yourself to get up.

after thirty minutes it works; you sluggishly clamber out of the warm, inviting sheets and make your way to the bathroom to see what needed to be done. "jalen this is yo' piss all over the toilet. i'm not cleaning that sh*t up." you start, stomping towards the living room.

jalen lay spread over the couch, tapping around on his phone screen and chuckling. "jalen go clean your piss up." he shuts off his phone and peers up at you oblivious to your foul mood.

"are we hangin' out today or what?" he questions as he brushes past you, making his way to the bathroom. i don't really care quite frankly." you hum folding up the blanket he messily left draped over the arm of the couch.

"well then get ready. i wanna see what paradis gotta offer." "it's like any other city you'll ever go to." you hum. jalen groans loudly as the toilet flushes and the light shuts off. he emerges with a stank face, ignoring your eye contact.

"i needa find niggas to run wit'. i got moves i needa make." jalen explains as he walk from the hallway and plops back down on the couch, knocking the neatly folded blanket in the floor, completely unraveling it. your lips smack in irritation once vexation and you bend down to refold it.

"where all the fine b*tches at?" "don't say b*tches."
he glances up at you and chuckles while shaking his head. "you soft as hell." he mumbled. "or maybe it's jus that i'm a female who doesn't like males referring to women as b*tches." you retaliate. he shrugs his shoulders and turns his attention back to his phone.

"yo' boyfriend smoke?" you raise your eyebrows in surprise. "why you wanna know if connie smoke?" you question suspiciously. "yeah yeah connie. he look like he know his way 'round the streets." jalen mischievously smiles."you not hangin' out wit' my nigga. you said you ain't  even like him."

"that was before. he might be my token to some p*ssy." jalen exclaims, patting his thighs. "oh f*ck no," you sneer, "don't talk to him. he's not yo' ticket no where."

"then i'll jus tell momma you was showin' yo' ass and needa be in the house." jalen smugly battles, shutting off his phone before innocently smiling at you. "b*tch i'm 18. who she lockin' up?" you chuckle, looking around the room at imaginary peope. "yeah but her house or her rules. so either yo' freedom or connie's digits."

"you not gettin' his number." you mumble. not wanting to hear anything else leave his mouth, you spin on your heels and pace back to your room, ultimately ending the suggestion. as soon as you sit in bed, you call connie who picks up on the second ring.

"hey baby. what's up?" he questioned; "uav deployed-' F*CK HE'S CAMPING BRO!" connie cursed loudly, the sounds of bombs and gunfire rapidly getting louder in his background.

"hey bookie. if my brother try to talk to you on any social media or through a number don't respond." you inform him. this line goes silent for a moment before connie speaks again. "why he tryna get a hold of me?" "because he's a asshole and he's gon' try to pull you into some sh*t that don't concern you. trust me." you plead.

"alright baby. can i see you later? i miss you." connie questions. "of course. jus text me when you on the way." "alright beautiful, love you." connie cooes. "love you bookie. bye."

"jalen you a b*tch. yo' ass should've stayed locked up." you mumble as you prepare to get ready for the day; and more importantly, seeing connie.