xv.+*

that very night was merely three months ago. that summer has passed and graduation came even sooner. "we made it [y/n]!" mallory tearfully shouted, wrapping her arm around your neck. cries and congratulations we're bestowed upon the graduates from their peers and former teachers.

"oh baby i'm so proud of you!" you mom sighed as she ran towards you with open arms. cupping your face, she planted small kisses everywhere before pulling you into a heartfelt hug. "you too mal!" she smiled, pulling in her niece for the group hug.

that was the last time you had seen mallory. not only her but armin, mikasa, and historia too. they went away to college leaving you with connie, eren, ymir, jean, and other old school mates that happened to stay back to pursue some career of their own.

still indecisive about schooling, you stayed put in your mothers home, occasionally hanging out with connie or anyone else who could help waste the dragging days. soon enough, eren would leave as he had been convinced by mallory to apply to the same college; he was accepted two week after that, which was three weeks ago.

the thoughts of your peers getting away and experience life clogged your brain until a hiccup from the shopping cart wheel brought you back to your senses. connie had parked the cart and was fishing the top shelf for a pack of toilet paper.

your past two weeks had been spent at his house straight. as he tossed the package into the cart, he turned to you before speaking. "you gon' stay the night again?" he hummed. your eyes raise in surprise.

"baby i stayed the night at your house every other night for the past two weeks." you murmured. connie shrugged his shoulders in response. "i don't care. just one more night please?" he questions, not looking up from the few groceries scattered inside of the rolling metal cage.

you smile and stop the cart, walking around to peck his pouting lips. "okay fine! just one more night." you give in. "don't forget to get the paint." you comment as the arts and crafts aisle approached. after browsing, connie held up 7 different colored bottles and you flashed him a thumbs up. he tossed the paint carelessly into the basket and you both had gone to the self checkout.

"baby we should go to dinner tomorrow." connie suggested, plopping down beside you on his bed.. an answer was beyond the least of your worries as your eyes stayed planted on the princess and the frog that was playing on the television.

connie chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "shhh this the part where they get married in the forest!" you scolded. connie attentively watched, laying back against his arm for comfort. you held your chest while smiling at the scene unfolding. "that would be so breathtaking in real life." you murmur." connie hums in response before you both got silent again.

as the movie came to a close, you slowly sit up and rub your eyes. "i'ma go pee." slugging out of bed, you make a zombie walk to the bathroom and relax on the cold, white bowl. small noises and creaks confirmed connie was up and moving around as well.

further proving your suspicions right, when you leave the bathroom, the room now has a warm orange hue to it, and a candle burning a maple scent was lit near the now black screened television. he left the fan on which rotated on the dresser beside his bed. "you good?" he questioned, eyeing you as you moved towards the bed.

you smiled, nodding your head as you snuggled back up next to him, the only audible sounds were connie's rhythmic breathing and the light buzz of the fan. the slow burning thought that tended to constantly amuse you was the fact that you once absolutely despised connie, and now you were cuddled up in his bed.

you chuckled silently and buried your head a little deeper under the blanket. "what's funny?" connie jeers, powering off his phone and sitting it in the dresser. you glance up at him before shrugging. "nothin'. you good?" you reply, exposing your face to the cool air again.

connie smacks his lips and rolls his eyes, looking at you with disbelief. "you really gon' sit here and tell me you wasn't jus laughin." "i never said i wasn't laughin', i jus said wont nun funny." you defend. connie chuckles as he shakes his head. "why do people laugh? cause sumn funny, right?" "you laughin' but ain't nothin' funny right now." you rebuttal.

"[y/n] stop playin' wit' me girl." you smile devilishly and laugh. "or what." connie stares as you in amusement as he thinks of a quick reply, only to fail and stutter over his words. "okay. what i thought." you snap, ending the banter just as quickly as it started. "aight aight you got it." he laughs, flicking you off.

a congenial silence is formed, and you both sit still in a thickening tension. "[y/n] come here." connie blankly requests. without questioning, you scoot back until you hit his arm that wrapped around you, pulling you into his chest.

"i love you [y/n]." connie sighs, tightening his arm around you slightly. your eyes widen in bewilderment and you stay silent for a moment. "but sh*t anyways." connie states as he removes his arm from around you. "wait nigga damn! can i say some back?!" you huff.

connie stares at you with a straight face as he waits for your response. "i love you too." you smile. "you love me [y/n]?" connie questions, anxious for your response. "yes constance, i love you." connie raised his lips in a soft smile. he pushed himself up to kiss your cheek. when he pulled away, another moment of silence passed.

"i love you too [y/n]. more than you could ever imagine." you leaned back into connie and shut your eyes. "don't think cause i done said this you can jus make me fold or nun." you mumble. you could feel connie's chuckle from the vibration in your back.

"yeah aight [y/n] . go to sleep girl."