xiii.+*

"connie i met this cool a*s dude ona ride and he wants to meet you so we can all ride stuff together." connie's eyebrows furrowed as he looked around. "who? i thought it was just an 'us' thing." he frowned. you smiled, putting your hands up in surrenderment.

"if you want it to jus be us baby, i can tell them no." you respond. connie shook his head and took your hand in his. "nah it's straight, let's go find 'em." you pulled connie along to the side of the ride where xavier said he'd be. you pointed him out to connie, only noticing him by his hair.

he was smiling with a smaller girl who had long orange hair. it was in a half up half down style with the edges curled out againsther dark brown skin. as you approached the two, xavier turned to face you. "oh, [y/n]!" xavier beamed. "this is marshall." he said, introducing the girl. she had double stud piercings and a medusa piercing in her top lip.

her long, light brown lashes swooshed as she innocently blinked at you and connie. "girl, that phat body suit is giving!" you snapped. you leaned in for a hug which she warmly returned. she smelled like cherries. "thank you my love." she softly spoke. "you gon' have to teach me how to do that two toned lip combo too." you smile.

connie let go of your hand and went to shake hers. "i'm connie." "hey bookie." marshall cooed, causing  connie to flash a small smile back at her. "so what we doin' for the next ride?!"  xavier excitedly clapped. "the ram of course." you reply. all four of you turn and begin to walk towards the large double ram head that rocked side to side. you sped up to walk closer to xavier so you could talk more.

"i know this gon' have my face tight as hell." you chuckle. "yeah, jus like you was on the hurricane huh?" you playfully push xavier over and roll your eyes. "no, because my face WASN'T tight!" you hiss. "lie again." you cross your arms and turn to connie. he was quietly walking next to marshall with his eyes plated on xavier . they darted to yours and he raised his eyesbrows in an quiet question.

"connie, are you getting on this one?" you poll as you slow down so that he can catch up to you. once he's by your side, you lay your head on his shoulder. "nah, i'll sit out again." he replies. you frown, pulling his arm to stop him. "what's the point of coming to the fair if you're not gon' ride anything?" you mutter. connie sighs, shrugging his shoulders.

"you okay baby? we can go home if you don't wanna be here." "it's cool, hurry up before the line gets too long." you didn't feel happy anymore. you felt awkward now that you were the only one actually riding rides tonight. marshall and xavier stood in the middle of the line and waved you over.

"where's connie?" marshall inquired as she looked around you. "he said he doesn't wanna ride." you huff. "tell him get his ass ova here." marshall replied. "i tried, he don't like rides." marshall pushed past the line and disappeared to where the ride sign was. "where's she goin'?" you ask xavier. he shrugs, pointing towards the ride. "we finna get on though. so she finna get left behind."

people begin to clamber into the middle seats so they didn't sit too high up. "we goin' to the highest seats right?" you nod. there were two more opened seats next to you that no one claimed. marshall then emerged from the crowd with connie by her side. they were talking about something that you couldn't hear.

"girl you must've been scaring him cause i asked and he agreed." marshall chuckled. you glance up at connie who was trying to pull his bar down on his lap. you had gotten a strange feeling in your chest at her comment. why was he so easily convinced by marshall? you discarded the thought quickly.

"wouldn't do nothin' like that to me." you thought to yourself. the ride shakes a little as it starts up. marshall whispers some things to connie that turns his panicked expression into a calm one. the ride began to sway higher and higher, peeling your mind off of everything for a while. although the thought did keep drifting in your mind, you tried to focus on the rest of the night.

"wipe the funnel cake sh*t off your lip [y/n]." connie laughed. your tongue darted around to find it but to no avail. "c'mere." connie took your face in his hand and kissed you lightly.  he pulled away, looking back down to your lips. "got it."

"needin' what y'all have forreal." xavier whined. "you don't have no girlfriend?" you question in surprise. "nah i do. but she's at home sick so i plan to go check her and help wit' anything when we leave here." he responds. "so how long you and connie been together?" marshall suddenly asks, stirring her lemonade. you and connie both glance at each other. "well actually we're not datin' as of now." you meekly reply.

marshall nods with acceptance. "so y'all not that serious?" you raise your eyebrow in confusion. "oh no baby we are. he's definitely my man." you awkwardly stutter. marshall's eyes glance up and yours and back down to her cup.

you wanted to say something but you weren't sure what. what was she hinting at. "and besides, [y/n] is the only girl i want." connie chimes in, backing you up. he snakes his arm around your side and pulls you into him. "keep goin' an i might throw up in my mouth." marshall playfully murmured.

"ANYWAYS," xavier interjected, dissolving the growing strain, "let's go play some games! i promised janiah i would bring her back some toys i won for her." you collectively get up and discard any trash you have with you. connie leads the group to the playing stands and looks to his left then right. "which game first?"

you found yourself edging near a game of basketball. it was easy, and the prizes ranged from candy to giant stuffed animals. "step right if you'd like to play my tricky game! i bet you can't make three shots in a row!" the man called. you stepped in front of him, showing your wrist band. "alright little lady," he smiled. "let's see what you've got."

he handed you 3 balls in a line. you took the first ball and shot it. it seemed like it was going in, but it hit the rim and bounced off. "damnit." you groaned to yourself. with no more luck than the first, the second shot ball passed between two cans, missing as well . "one more one more one more!" the man cheered.

the third ball which seemed ti fly in slow motion collided with a can in the bottom left corner of the pyramid. 'dink' it softly deflected as it sadly rolled towards the back of the booth., never to be seen again. "tell you what. you go ahead and make the next shot for $5 and i'll give you a mega plush. ONLY if you make it." the booth owner sympathetically rations.

"i can do $3?" "i'll take that." the man said as he pulled the money from your fingers. he sat another ball in front of you and you picked it up. in your mind the calculations were slowly become clearer as you positioned yourself for the throw; the final shot was a bust as well. "oh well! maybe next time. young man do you think you could beat this daring-"

the man's voice droned out of your head as you walked away. noticing you were alone, you venture to investigate where everyone else was at. not too far of was xavier, holding three stuffed animals and a large chocolate bar. his eyes were concentrated as he played a water gun game. you approached him, looking around him for connie. "hey. you seen connie 'nem?" you question. xavier shook his head, putting all his attention back into his game.

you shrug and walk off to continue your search. a few stalls down, you spot connie and marshall at a both. she was slapping his arm in attempts to throw off his shots. when you were close enough, you could see connie being handed a bear which he handed to marshall. "hey baby. i was lookin' all over for you." connie turns in surprise and looks down at you.

"my bad, marshall said she wanted a bear." you cross your arms, confused. "so you went wit' another female to get her a bear instead of goin' wit' me?" you hiss. "why you trippin'? it's not that serious [y/n]." "and he didn't mean it like that girl i promise." marshall sweetly totaled . you glance at her before rolling your eyes.

"can we go? i wanna go back to my room now." you say. you turn on your heels and began to walk off. "you got my number right connie?!" marshall called as connie raced to catch up to you. "yeah!" he called back.  you stopped dead in your tracks and spun around. connie was right behind you, nearly knocking you down. "are you f*ckin' serious connie?" "what?"

it angered you even more that he didn't see an issue. "connie. what do you need her number for? i don't got xavier's number!" you shout. "then go get it?" 
" f*ck you." you breathe, storming away. as you pass xavier, you tell him your goodbyes .

connie gave up on following you and began to slow down his pace. you were thankful for that. otherwise, you probably would've ripped his head clean off his shoulders.