xxiv.+*

"you ready?" jalen stepped between the front door, blocking you off from moving. fastening the mustard yellow levi book bag plastered with different little stains and marking over your shoulder, a sigh escapees your lips before you shuffle around him.

"i'm goin' out wit' connie. if i got time left after that i'll see if you wanna still do somethin'." jalen rolls his eyes impatiently as he tails behind you.

"you really gon' put yo' punk ass boyfriend ova' me?" he hissed. without a word, the front door opens and you step out completely disregarding jalen and his whining."not in the mood to f*ck around'." you mumble

as connie's car pulls into the driveway, the creak of the front door being pulled open then it's soft click shut left a unwanted presence behind you. "let me come wit' y'all." your head sharply spins back with nostrils flaring with the deepest vexation.

"no. you not comin'." in the midst of the bicker connie was formed into the conversation, silently observing with attentive eyes.

"connie let me ask you somethin'." jalen begins, stepping between to shield out your frame.

"what's up?" connie crosses his arms over his chest before slightly stepping back, peering up patiently."let me come wit' y'all. jus for the one time." jalen pleads. taken back, connie chuckles unintentionally before immediately stopping and clearing his throat.

"uh well.. " connie's eyes pan to yours for an answer to be met with harsh glare, "i don't care." "no connie. i already told him he not comin' wit' us." you growl, shooting the approval into flames. connie shrugs his shoulders at jalen. "well then i guess you not goin'." the trip ends with you both finally walking to the car, a hum breaks the much needed silence.

"[y/n] you dropped sumn." bending down before presenting his palm, a still sealed purple packet with one plan b inside. a strong frown presents itself on your face followed by a deep, guttural, groan. explained why your zippers were all jacked up.

"jalen stop f*ckin' play in' wit' me! i jus wanna leave bro you being MAD childish right now!" you snap, pacing towards him. "y'all gon' need this right?" he smiles. "we haven't even done anything nigga!" you insist before prying it from his grasp.

"jalen you so damn nosey. gimme my stuff so me and connie can go." jalen clicks his tongue rapidly as he michling shakes his head. "aht aht buggy. either you let me come or i'm giving this to mom." "yo' ass always tryna make a nigga choose a ultimatum. why you won't leave me alone bro." you whine. "f*ck allat. take the pills and show mom i don't care nomo'." you dismiss.

"[y/n] how come you never spend time with your brother?" jalen calls; in a fit of rage you give in just for the sake of a peace of mind." "FINE JALEN GET IN THE F*CKIN' CAR!".

"so he comin'?" connie questions. you huff in response and connie smiles. "it's okay baby. he won't be with us the whole day." connie reassures you; it went in one ear and out the other, a deep animosity was brewing.

"you said he wouldn't be with us all day." you groan as jalen plops down on the couch across from connie's bed, stretching out his back before whipping out his phone. connie shrugs unknowing as he hands jalen a packed cone to light.

"yeah but i mean, if he wants to meet ruga 'nem this is the perfect time." connie rations, offering another perspective. as you remove your shoes and book anger seethes in your mind though you instead offer a small smile before curling up a few inches away from him, facing the wall before opening your phone for browsing.

while jalen connects his phone to airplay for music, connie leans into your back while gently caressing your side, resting his head on your shoulder. "you okay baby?" he cautiously hums, planting little kisses on your cheek. "mhm."