xviii.+*

"[y/n] are you sure this is a good idea?" mallory pried as she stood behind you in the mirror. with a blank face you nod, never taking your eyes off your appearance; everything has to be perfect. a king, golden teddy bear necklace your mom had gifted you as a child hung around your neck just above a mid -thigh, black, satin dress.

a string also tied around your neck was the only support system for a smooth fabric, leaving you to put all your trust in its strength. open toe, all black wedges sufficed as the shoes as heels weren't really your style.

mallory fixed a few strand of hair in your long, straight ponytail before stepping back and whistling. "at least no nigga can't say you not eatin'." she compliments. you smile and turn to her, batting your short but thick lashes. "i'm tryna go." you smile, walking past her out of the bathroom.

she shuts the lights off and trails behind you to the front door. "now connie gon' be there but i don't know if he knows that you comin'." mallory explains, spritzing some perfume on herself before shoving it in her red strap purse, matching her all red short sleeved jumpsuit. you shrug your shoulders in response. "i don't care." you hum, folding your arms over your chest.

grabbing your own keys and purse from the couch arm, you both walk outside to mallory's yellow jeep.
"no [y/n]. cause even though you say that you know you still be feelin' some typa way. so if you feel at any point you wanna leave then let me know and we bouncin'. aight?"

you nod in agreement. the warm breeze felt good on your exposed legs as you walked to the car and got in. pop music from the radio filled the silence that sat for the car ride.

as soon as she was in a 500 foot radius, you could hear the faint bump of a bass from the bear of a song. "damn is that it?!" you question in awe, peering out of every window to get a glimpse. "hell yeah! we finna be TURNTTTTT!" mallory cheered as the car came to sudden halt. "look at the line bro! gah damn! thank god we got a reservation." mallory chuckles as the car moves again.

as you got closer, you could see a black building littered with people and bright lights. smoke floated into the street and through your window. "niggas even got that BUD?! oh yeah nah let me out NEOW!" you shriek.

mallory laughs as she pulls into a tight parking lot, finding an empty spot with a number. "we finna go in don't even worry babe." she smiles, "reservations came clutch forreal. got a parking spot an everything." she mumbles as she hangs the same number as the parking spot on her rear view mirrors

you exit the car and adjust yourselves as needed before regrouping in the front of the car and walking towards the rowdy building. "i don't know who's ready be in there but if you see 'em jus walk to 'em."mallory explains. you nod as you follow her into the building, passing people that'd been waiting for ages.

of course you got scared and a few curses but you gleefully walked passed, almost blowing a kiss in the process. the music was the first thing you noticed; it was deafening. strobe lights flashed quickly around the room in different blues, greens, reds, and purples. though it wasn't overcrowded , there was still a nice handful of people there. off in a corner, there were some lounges that weren't quite full yet.

as he talked, you made out the back of jeans head and was confirmed when he turned to the side before talking to someone you couldn't see again. "that's jean 'nem over there." "yeah that's them, let's go." mallory called back, pushing through the sea of moist bodies to approach the group.

when you were close enough, you immediately saw connie sitting in the back of the booth distracted by his phone. mallory noticed but didn't say anything, watching as your facade crumbled and a look of discomfort spread across your face. your stomach dropped and a bile rose in your throat, preventing you from speaking.