Chapter two

Sweet as Sugar

"What about this one?" Rebecca exhaustingly asks as she picks out the 10th dress from her closet.

"No it shows a lot of skin" I say examining it.

"I give up." She says throwing her hands in the air

Rebecca was kindly helping me choose an outfit for school since it is our senior year in high school. My mom suggested I wore a dress for once so that I can at least 'blend in' with the crowd , but at this very moment I'm starting to think that not even a dress will make me blend in. I'm already known at school for once dating the most dangerous gang leader in the city and the little drama I had with my former "friends" was enough to make everyone remember my name.

"I have a suggestion. What about I ditch wearing a dress and focus on wearing my famous sweatpants and maybe a tank top to look...cute" I grin towards Rebecca and Luka who both seemed incredibly tired from me rejecting every dress they chose for me.

"Come on Vee , you promised mom that you will at least try to wear it. Besides it's only for a day then if you still don't like it , you won't have to wear it ever again." Luka whines

"Fine I'll try to compromise" I groan annoyed

"Great. I think this one will do" He says as he hands me a floral short blue dress that goes just above my thighs that if I try to bend over , all my assets will be out in the open. It has an open back and a cute belt that is decorated in blue and red flowers.

I try the dress on and wore my blue Nike sneakers. If You get to wear a dress then you won't have to wear heels. That was one of my mother's suggestions.I then decide to do little curls on my hair and decided I'll go natural without having to put any make up.

"So what do you guys think?" I ask both my siblings as they examine me with huge grins on their faces.

"You look stunning" Luka grins

"You are absolutely beautiful!" Rebecca cheers

"Okay then let's go , senior year awaits!" I say as Rebecca and i rush to her car.

I've always wished to have my own car so that i wouldn't bother people to having them drive me everywhere but both my parents saw it best that I wait till I turn 18 so I can get my license first. After my mom and Rebecca's dad got married , they both agreed that staying in New York was the right option hence they didn't want to put too much pressure on me with having to move too much and having a hard time making new friends. Rebecca though stayed back at Colorado to finish her junior year and got transferred to my school about a week ago so today it's her first day. Luka on the other hand got accepted at M.I.T and was currently helping my dad with his business since he'll be the one taking over soon. My dad handed the Company to me first but I kindly rejected his sweet gesture since all I wanted to focus more on this year was school and college applications.

"Will you be taking any extra curricular activities this year?" Rebecca asked as she made her way to our school's parking lot.

"Not really. Last time I did that , it all went south but if I would then I could reconsider trying out for soccer. What about you?" I ask

"I have a huge passion for dance so I'll try that out" Rebecca says as she quietly eyes all the people entering the school.

"I didn't know you dance , what about Modelling. I thought you loved that"

"Vee , I only took modelling as a part time hobby because that's what my dad used to say my mom loved. But as months and years went by without even having to hear from her , I lost all interest to it. In all honesty, it was really draining , all the shooting and changing and strict food diets. I got sick of it and I'm kind of thankful that I'm no longer taking part in any of that nonsense. This year I wanna work on myself and what truly matters to me." Rebecca quietly says.