Chapter four

Beach Vacation

After the visit I had with Kyle all my worries and nightmares disappeared. I can say that I'm a whole new woman now. I quickly run to the field but stumble on my way there. I look over to the field and was relieved to find that coach hasn't arrived yet.

"You're late." Hazel says while texting someone on her phone.

"Yeah I was actually fighting my demons this morning. I can say it wasn't a fair fight" I smirk causing Hazel to laugh.

"Good morning ladies! Thanks for coming here at such short notice. I had a meeting with the school's board and we decided that today afternoon we will be going to get you guys your uniforms and all the equipment you might need. I'm sure you are all excited and nervous to know who made the team so without wasting any time , may the following ladies stand behind me. Ms Zoey Adams..." Coach says as we all cheer for Zoey , " followed by Ms Sophia Browns , Bianca Carter , Amy Grace , Emma Parker , Diana Rogers , Victoria Smith , Hazel Snow , Olivia Stone , Cassandra White and lastly Jessica Williams. Well done ladies." Coach finally says.

I can't believe I made the team!!!

The rest of the group and I cheer and hug each other while the other girls who didn't make it have a word with coach.

"Looks like we will be seeing a lot of each other now" Hazel winks making me blush.

"Congratulations" I say giving her hug.

"Ms Smith!" Coach shouts , "I've been informed that you are wanted at the principal's office. Please make your way there right now."

All the girls give off their Oohs and whispers wondering why I have been called to the principal's office. I look over to Hazel who gives me a shrug and a concerned look. I sign deeply and make my way there. I mean I'm sure it's nothing big right? I haven't done anything bad so far so why I am being called? Maybe they want to give me extra credit for my grades , or they want me to show the new learner around the school , or maybe I did actually did do something wrong. My breath deepens as I knock on Mr Daniels office and enter when I hear a rusty come in. My heart drops immediately when I see both my father and Ms Emily In the room too.

"Ms Smith sorry to disturb your studies but I called you here for something important." Mr Daniels says

"Uhm..what's going on? Did I do something wrong?" I ask as I stare at my father.

"No honey nothing is wrong. There's a huge family meeting at Miami which is very important that's why we came here to fetch you." My dad says

"Does mom know about this?"

"We talked to her first before coming here" Emily now speaks out.

They are hiding something. I know my dad as a man who likes to do things professionally and in an orderly manner but for him to just show up without even a hands up just calls for a disaster yet to come.

"But what about my school work?" I turn my gaze to Mr Daniels who seems surprisingly calm about all this.

"I arranged all your work to be sent to your father so you will be completing it at home"

I nod towards him and exit the room before my Dad and Emily follow me too. We walk towards his SUV and make our way to the airport.

"What's really going on? I know there ain't any important family meeting otherwise my mom would have texted me about it." I stare at my dad blankly but he shrugs it off with a yawn.

"Everything you need to know will be said in Miami"

I huff on my seat and look out the window. My heart nearly drops when I remember I forgot to inform my friends that I'll be gone for a while. I take my bag and start shuffling in it trying to find my phone.