Chapter seventeen

Fall For You

The trip to Paris was short but splendid

The trip to Paris was short but splendid. Nick first took me to the Montmartre where we took a lot of pictures of us and the view then later took a cruise along the Seine River which was breathtaking. The following day we went to Louvre museum and took a tour to the French Pastry. On our last day there , we watched a cabaret show then later that day Nick took me to the Eiffel Tower where he gave me a promise ring.

Right now , I was braiding Camilla's hair just when Ms Chloe came in.

"It's good to see that you're still here" She said with a smile before sitting next to me.

"Where else would I be?" I smile back at her. "Mila , how about you go check on what Chris is doing then I'll come attend the both of you okay."

"Yes Towi" She said getting up and planting a kiss on Ms Chloe's cheek then ran upstairs.

"She really likes you. You made a huge impact on them." Ms Chloe says

"I try. I love kids , so being around them just fulfills my heart." I say

"Just like how you fulfilled Nick's heart"
I stare at Ms Chloe dumbfounded before looking away from her. "I love what you both have and I hope it doesn't end but do know that love is powerful. It can make you do stupid stuff and can also be your weakness."

"So what are you saying? That I mustn't love too much?" I ask confused.

"No dear. Give it your all. There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need to change your life or you need to change theirs."

"I can't change a mafia." I say

"But yet again Jesus managed to change water into wine." She smirks

"That's a different issue"

Ms Chloe shrugged and got up , "Just do what you think is best. And by the way Nick was calling for you." She said and left.

I get up and walked towards Nick's office. I stop and take a deep breath then knocked.

"Come in" Nick's voice said. I enter and find him lying on his couch while Hunter sat on his desk.

"You called for me?" I ask

"Yes. Hunter and I were just going out to get something to eat. Want to come along?" Nick said. He sounds better and happier than all the times I've encountered with him.

"Do I get to choose where we eat?"

"As long as it's not those seafood dishes , I hate those." Hunter whined

I chuckle and shake my head. "Just feeling like getting MacDonalds"

"Then we go there. Hunter you seat in the back. Victoria in front." Nick ordered

"Why the back? My legs are too long for me to sit in the back." Hunter pouted

"It's either that or you stay. Your choice really."

"Fine then I'll seat in the back." He said sounding defeated.

____________

"I just reminded how much I dislike Burgers. Why do they have to include the pickles." Hunter said taking the pickles and onions out of the burger

"Did we really have to bring him with us?" Nick growled

"You gave him a choice." I smirk and accidentally dropped some of my fries. I looked over to Nick in panic , I know how much he hates it when someone messes up his car especially after he just cleaned it. "I'm so sorry Nick , let me clean it up."

"No leave it. I'll let one of the guards to clean it when we get back home." He says politely.

"You sure?"

"Yes Sunshine." He smiles.

"What?! The last time I dropped ketchup on your seat , you almost gave me a fricken black eye." Hunter gasped.

"Victoria is special." He said looking straight into my eyes. There was a bit of silence before Hunter obviously ruined it.

"Oh gosh no! If you guys kiss , I'm literally gonna puke." He gags.

"Can't I just punch him?" Nick asked annoyed.

"No. Let's go back home , I'm sleepy."

"It's only 9pm" Hunter said.

"And that means bedtime to me" I say.

"Damn"

___________

"I'm sorry that I brought Hunter with us. I thought he was going to be more mature than the others." Nick sincerely said as he laid next to me.

"It's okay. It was fun having him around" I say and turned to get off the bed when Nick took hold of my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked sounding sleepy

"To the bathroom." I answered.

"Nooo , come back to bed and cuddle with me." He whined pulling me towards him.

I chuckled and managed to get off his hold. "You're such a baby." I laughed lightly.

Nick just stared at me with adoration and drew small circles on my hand. "What?" I say looking away from him shyly.

He smiled. "I love that."

"Love what?"

"The sound of you laughing. It's sweet and makes your eyes light up" he said and pulled me into a soft kiss.

 It's sweet and makes your eyes light up" he said and pulled me into a soft kiss

___________________