Chapter Twenty

Family

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay here with you , I literally got nothing better to do." Nick asks as he made a stop to my dad's house.

"I'll be fine Nick , He's my dad after all. So go I'll text you when I'm ready to leave." I say reassuring him.

"Okay..." Nick pouts. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say before Nick pulled me in for a kiss.

"See you later baby." He sadly says before walking me to the front door. I give him a tight hug and ring the bell. A few seconds later , Ms Emily opens up and pulls me into a hug.

"It's so good to finally see you." She squeaks.

"You literally say that every time you see me." I giggle.

"I'll continue saying it until you get bored of me." She grins. "Come on , Ken and Nica are waiting at the living room."

"Do you have any idea what he wants to talk to me about? Because if he wants to set me up for some arranged marriage type shit , I'm leaving right now." I say sternly

"Relax , he just wants to fix things." Emily reassures me. She then walks me into the house and I gasp in shock after passing every room we came across too. This house is ten times better than the one at Miami.

We come in view to the living room and Veronica was the first one to notice me.

"Tori!!" She exclaims running towards me. I give her a tight hug and a kiss on her forehead before letting go. "You have no idea how much I've missed you."

"I missed you way more baby" I coo

"Sweet pumpkin." My dad says walking closer to me. I run to him and give him a tight hug before gazing my eyes at him

"You know I'm way too old for that nickname now." I smirk

"You'll always be young to me" he says then guided me to the couch. "I cant believe I almost lost you"

"I'm here now" I say , "and I'm always going to find my way back to you"

Dad sighs then handed me a small black box, "I've always wanted to give you this but I never got a chance too." I open the box and inside was the most beautiful internal flawless diamond necklace I've ever seen. I look at my dad with teary eyes and gaze back to the necklace. "It used to belong to my great grandmother , who handed it over to my grandmother , who handed it over to my mother , who then handed it to me and now I'm handing it over to you."

"Dad this looks extremely priceless, I'm sorry i can't take it." I say giving the box back.

"Tori it's all yours. You deserve it especially for staying so strong after everything you've been through." He says softly. "I know one necklace won't fix everything between us but I hope it's a start" he says.

"Thank you daddy." I say giving him a hug. "I'll let you watch your show."

"Come watch with me."

"No thank you. Too much violence." I cringed

"Says the girl who's in love with a mafia boss." My says rolling his eyes causing me to laugh.

I leave him alone at the living room and walked to the kitchen finding Ms Emily washing dishes.

"Need some help?" I ask grabbing a dish cloth

"No it's fine. You good?" She asked now paying full attention to me

"I'm fine. Are you?"

Emily chuckles before leaning to the countertop. "Well I'm not going to complain , I'm fine."