Chapter twelve

Safe Place
Nicklaus' POV

I woke up this morning like any other day. Got a shower , got dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast.

I gritted my teeth and tried to compose my anger from the scenario in front of me. The kitchen was a huge mess. Flour was everywhere , cracked eggs everywhere and water was spilt on the floor. I turned to Victoria and Dennis who were the only ones in the kitchen both covered with flour , eggs and water.

"Dennis did it!" Victoria quickly said , trying to pull an innocent look.

Dennis turned to her and gasped. "How dare you , I thought we were partners in this come"

With that said , Hunter and Brandon entered the kitchen , their faces full of amusement.

"Well this is something you don't see everyday." Hunter said nudging Brandon. They both laughed before heading off to the living room.

I returned my glance back to the two culprits giving them my most hardest glare. "This place better be clean , by the time I finish all the paperwork in the office."

"On it sir!" Dennis said

I turned to the office and heard Victoria chuckle before she was hushed by Dennis. I roll my eyes and enter my office. I stare at all the paperwork and sign before getting them all done.

About six hours of boredom and completing this paperwork I was done. I headed to the living room and found it empty. I don't bother looking for the guys but headed straight upstairs to Victoria's room.

I find her lying on her stomach on the bed , reading a book with a bowl of popcorn next to her. She then acknowledged my presence and stared right at me.

"Needed something?" She asked now sitting up

"What are you busy with?" I say heading to her bed.

"I was just reading Pride and Prejudice. Leo said I have to finish it because I got an assessment about it which is needed for school."

"Oh sorry I didn't know you were studying online?" I say getting up.

"No stay" she says. "I was done with today's required chapters anyway."

"Have you been studying all this time?" I ask.

"Well my principal was informed that I'm found and safe but I won't be able to attend school for a while. So he suggested I do it online or else I'd have to fail the grade."

"Oh." Was all I said.

"So what's the real reason you're here?"

"Something you said at the Carnival has been disturbing me." I admit.

"Which part?" She asked

"About you not wanting any man in your life. What happened for you to come to that conclusion?" I ask

"Trust me it's a long story." Vee nervously chuckled

"Ho tutto il giorno Sunshine" I say.

Translation: I got all day Sunshine

Vee stared at me feeling unsure if she should tell me. She then signed and gave me the bowl of popcorn.

"You'll need it." She said before breathing out. I stare attentively at her as she starts fidgeting with her hands and once her eyes looked up back at me , they no longer had that confidence , love and happiness they once had , but instead they were filled with fear , pain and sadness.

"Two years ago while I was in sophomore year , I met this guy named Kyle. He was handsome I'd admit and never gave up , I guess that's one of the things that made me fond of him. He asked me out and I said yes. Our friendship was sweet and turned to a relationship..." she paused making sure I was listening. I nodded my head and gestured her to continue.