Y/n and Leo's encounter

These characters don't belong to me! Credits to DarkSkele. Heavily inspired by the chapter of ' Leo's encounter' in unfinished business but in my style/words. Also, possible new character? Anyways,I hope you enjoy!
_________________________________________

Y/n kept moving, the gun held to their head dangerously close to releasing the bullet.

" Halt."

They halted, along with another male next to them named Leo.

The three saw a lamia swallow a baby lamia, the scaly tail disappearing behind those teeth.

" What sick creatures they are. Eating their own kind with no mercy."

John scowled. He was the reason both of them were in the forest in the first place.

Y/n felt the gun move away from their head, relief and a rush of adrenaline pumped through her veins.

Without a thought, they bolted the opposite direction of where they once stood, catching the attention of the lamia and catching both John and Leo off guard.

" That b-"

John stopped as he heard hissing, instinctively turning around to see the lamia glaring at him.

" Talk to it!"

He whispered to Leo, a dangerous aura surrounding him. Leo, being determined to live, obeyed.

" H-hello!"

He slowly walked out of the bush, revealing himself while also holding his hands up in the air.

The lamia only glared harder, coiling around itself tightly and more protectively.

___

He wasn't dumb, having seen the gun pointed at the two humans out of the corner of his sockets.

They were both clearly taken by force.

" C-can you t-talk?"

He was suspicious of this human. Why must he ask if he can talk? Unless...

He shook his head, earning a cackle from the human behind the bush.

"[ Can you understand sign language?]"

He heard the other human stiffle a laugh.

He nodded the slightest, earning hopeful eyes from the human.

"[ Can you help us? We were taken as hostages against our will.]"

So his suspicion was correct.

___

Leo saw the lamia turn its attention to the bush where John was, following its gaze to see that John was slowly walking towards them. His gun pointed down to show he meant no harm.

" So? What did it sign?"
" It won't attack us..."

He had to lie for his sake. He didn't want to find out how John would react if-

" Don't lie to me, Leo."

He heard the lamia hiss after John pointed his gun at both him and the lamia.