Act 5 ch 2

Nearing the end of the summer Victoria, Sookie and Lorelai stroll down the sidewalk.

"I told you guys this would be good from you, getting away from the inn. You've been there 24/7 all summer" Victoria tells them. "Yeah, this way we can get some perspective" Lorelai nods.

"Just looking at something other than those same walls" Sookie agrees. "Oh" Lorelai takes a deep breath. "What a relief" Sookie says.

"It all falls away" Lorelai comments as they walk and ponder.

"You're both thinking about work aren't you?" Victoria asks. "My meat guy better not screw me like he did yesterday" Sookie says.

"Oh, my God! The gutters" Lorelai suddenly remembers. "That's what I forgot" she groans. "I told Steve that if he doesn't leave by 3:00-" Sookie starts.

"Hey, hey, did I tell Michel to have the guy check all the radiators or just the one-" both Lorelai and Sookie talk at once. "No, no, I did. I did" Lorelai assures and they both giggle. "You done now?" Victoria asks.

"Yeah, now it's falling away" Sookie answers.

"It's starting to" Lorelai agrees before they overhear loud voices from a second story apartment window above. "I hate you, Dean! I hate everything" Lindsay screams before a bundle of clothing is thrown from the window, fluttering down to the sidewalk below.

"Let's just talk" he tries calming her down. "I don't want to talk! I don't want you here" Lindsay yells throwing his hockey stick out the window. "I'm sorry, okay?" Dean apologizes.

"Sorry?" Lindsay asks in disbelief.

"Yes, because it'll never happen again" Dean assures her. "Oh, my God" Sookie whispers in shock.

"Oh, my God" Victoria says heartbroken knowing exactly what happened. "Get out now. Now" Lindsay cries.

"Don't! You-" Dean tries. "Don't you dare" another bundle of clothes exits the window. "Can you not-" Dean tries stopping her.

"Well, that's what happens when you get married too young" Sookie comments.

"Yeah, that must be it" Lorelai says sharing a look with her daughter. "I'm sorry. There's not much I can do but say I'm sorry" Dean tells Lindsay.

"You know, there was a lot you could have done" more clothing flies out the window. "And you know what? You didn't do it" Lindsay tells her soon to be ex husband. "We should go" Victoria says uncomfortable watching this.

"What? But it's just getting good" Sookie replies.

"Tristan's on his way over, I'm supposed to meet him back at the house" Victoria gives an excuse. "Alright, let's go" Sookie sighs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, and it's two bedrooms?" Lorelai asks looking over Tristan's shoulder at the pictures of his and Victoria's future apartment on his laptop.

"Mhm" Victoria confirms. "Completely unnecessary, but very appreciated" Tristan says.

"And a little balcony, I've always wanted a little balcony" Sookie points out. "I love it, I'm obsessed" Victoria says before they hear the front door slam. "Hello?" they hear Rory's voice.

"Kitchen" Lorelai calls out before Rory appears in the kitchen doorway.

"Mom" Rory runs to hug her, Victoria tensing up at the sight of her sister not having made up with her like Lorelai did. "Oh, my traveler" Lorelai squeezes her tigger.

"Hello" Emily enters the house. "Hi" Victoria yells letting Emily hear where they are. "Hi, Mom" Lorelai leans in to hug her mother.

"Don't! I smell like airplane" Emily stops her.