Alternative History.

Author's notes : This chapter explained my version of history and the technology used by Equestria and the Crystal Empire.

The kingdom of Equestria was founded 2007 years ago, where 3 pony tribes choose to united and lived together in one nation they called Equestria.
Other sub-races such as the Bat ponies also join Equestria in year 0001 CLD, but crystal ponies chose to follow thier crystal princess or Empress Amore and founded their own Nation in the north which they called the crystal empire.
Just a few years after its founding the pony god Fausticorn descended from the heaven to Equus and brought with her two baby ponies whose race had never been seen before.

Alicorn

Unlike other races, Alicorns are immortal and possess almost limitless magical power, they are what the ponies call demogods.
The Alicorn race is also immune against basically any disease in the world.
Both Alicorn are female, the first alicorn had a white coat and pink mane, her name is Celestia.
The second is has a dark blue coat and light blue hair, her name is Luna.

For the ponies they are both a gift from god, they also appointed these two twins as their new leader.
Princesses Celestia and Luna have ruled Equestria for millennia, During their reign several wars occurred, mainly with the arch-rivals of the Pony race, Griffon and Zebra
In 409 CLD (Celestia/Luna descend)
The Griffon Empire invaded Equestria from the east, a few months after the Celestia invasion manipulated the sun to get closer to the planet while it was over the Griffon continent
This destroyed agluculture in the Griffon empire, emperor Arivos VII sues for peace a few months later.

And in 874 CLD, the Kingdom of Zebra invaded from the west, unlike the Griffon who fought because they wanted to take natural resources, Zebra want to enslave the ponies, they carried out mass killings on the ponies near the border for opposing them.
This made the princesses really angry, and a few days later Luna cut a 1 kilometer piece of the moon and dropped it into the capital of the Zebra kingdom and killed their king.
The Zebra Kingdom took several centuries to recover from this war.

The incident where King Sombra took over the Crystal Empire also occurred, the difference being that the princess managed to defeat Sombra before e banish the Crystal Empire, but unfortunately they were unable to save the crystal royal family, Equestria thereafter indirectly had control of the crystal empire after the princesses personally appointed ponies to rule the crystal empire, one of them is Radiant hope.

Everything returned to peace until one day in the year 999 CLD, Princess Luna found herself corrupted with dark magic and turned into Nightmare moon, this was because of her jealousy with Celestia.

Princess Celestia was forced to use the most powerful weapon in Equestria, the Elements of Harmony.
With his Elements of Harmony, she manages to save Luna and reform her back to her normal self. (She reformed Luna just like mane 6 managed to reform Nightmare moon from MLP episode 1, because sending her to the moon is stupid, it's like hiding trash under your mattress rather than taking care of it properly, and I can't believe Elements of Harmony wanted to make such a potential time bomb like that).

Despite being reformed and given the attention and fame she deserves, Luna has never mentally recovered from that incident until now, and will probably continue to be so for several millennia.

After the Nightmare moon incident, Equestria enjoys a millennium of peace.
Especially in science and technology
And in 1670 CLD, Equestria found Alefron's tool, this tool is capable to convert the magical energy that is contained in crystals that are usually found underground and grows naturally in caves into very useful energy like electricity.
Equestria started industrialization, the difference with other countries whose industrialization was fueled by coal or oil, The industrialization of Equestria is mostly fueled with magical energy residing in magical crystals they found very aboundand in under ground, this allows the Equestrians to enjoy the benefits of industrialization without suffering from pollution and keeps their realm from being polluted with toxic waste.
And the best thing about this method, the crystals can be refilled, the ponies only need to bury the empty energy crystals underground for several months, during which the crystal will absorb the thermal energy radiation created by the planet's core, this basically gives Equestrians access to almost unlimited amount of energy.

Equestria's population exploded in a year 1720 CLD, going from just 35 million ponies to 110 million ponies in just a few decades.
The ponykind began to develop and spread throughout the continent and the rise of cities like Baltimare, Manehattan, Vanhoover, Fillydelphia, Clouldsdale, Los Pegasus, Lunar bay, Mareopol, Sunny hills, Salt lake city, Stalliongrad, Vladivoshorn, Feathersjaya, Hooftinberg and many more.

And in 2007 CLD Equestria had a population of over 327 million, meanwhile the crystal empire only has 2.7 million ponies.
Equestria's population will continue to grow due to the abundance of land and resources, while the Crystal Empire most of its territory was basically uninhabited due to how bad the temperature was there and will continue to be so, until now...

Equestria has a GDP of 5 trillion bits (1bits = 3.5$)
And the crystal empire has a GDP of 500 Million bits. (Because their advance crystal refinery industry)