The Life of the Bacon-Haired Alicorn (Part 2)

=///Fort Benneighing, February 13th 1998 CLD, Province of Neigh York, 1900 Hours\\\=

The time was 7 PM and it was the evening. As the sun was slowly, but surely setting, a train can be seen heading towards its destination. Just north east of the Equestrian continent and directly adjacent to the Haylantic Ocean, Sunset Shimmer got off the train car. She was not the only one who getting off the train, there were at least over two hundred ponies of various races from various Equestrian province.

The reason why they're are tons of ponies was because they're all here to enlist into the Royal Equestrian Armed Forces or the REAF for short. No, it's not the same as the 'Equestrian Royal Guard' like many other ponies would believe. The ERD is one of the most special branches under the REAF, only a select few being picked for the position. The ERD is assigned to guard the Alicorn princesses with their lives. They are also under direct command from the Alicorn monarchs themselves unlike the REAF.

The REAF is separated into two branches: the Equestrian Ground Forces and the Equestrian Royal Navy. Since Equestria relied heavily on their ground forces and navy, they didn't really have a dedicated Air Force. The closest thing Equestria can call an Air Force is the Airship Air Corps and the elite Wonderbolts.

Anyways, a few minutes after the ponies got off their transport, the train started to leave the station and left the recruits to themselves. The atmosphere in front of Fort Benneighing was full of excitement and nervousness. Ponies from all around Equestria were talking amongst themselves about their soon-to-be military service and what to expect. Even Sunset Shimmer, a pony who's social skills aren't the best, could be seen talking amongst other ponies as well.

It wasn't long before multiple ponies in iron armor walked out of the fort and towards the recruits. Compared to the Royal Guards who had their gold colored armor and stylized for ceremonial purpose, the one the pony officer was wearing had their armor in a silver color and the design is made to offer the best protection as possible. Compared to gold, iron armor is proven to be tougher and offers better protection against projectiles such as arrows and various other weapons.

One of the pony instructors looked at the fresh recruits. So young, so full of excitement, so much ponies to order around. Despite not showing it, he was grinning in his mind. He always loved ordering around new recruits, seeing their reactions to his not-so-friendly ways of training them. The other pony instructors would also think of the same thing as well, just slightly varying. They all stopped a few meters in front of the recruits, taking a moment to gather their minds.

One of the pony instructors stepped up before he took a deep breath and yelled towards the clueless recruits, "Ponies! Shoulder to shoulder on the painted lines in front of you!"

Sunset and the other ponies were startled by his yelling. After a few seconds, they began to follow his instructions and started to line up. After they finished, the pony military instructors looked around at the recruits.

Satisfied with what they saw, the previous pony instructor spoke up in a loud voice, "Alright everypony! My name is Drill Sergeant Silver Shield! With me is Drill Sergeant Thunder Dare and Drill Sergeant Shadow Jewel, and we humbly welcome you to Fort Benneighing! For the next six months, we will be in charge of training you all! If you want to join the Royal Equestrian Armed Forces, you will follow our order and instructions to the letter!"

Sunset and the other ponies remained silent and continued to listen to the military instructor's words.

"For now, you will march towards the registration room and fill out your paperwork. Afterwards, you will take your things to your designated locker rooms. You will start your training tomorrow at 6 AM sharp and remember, if you have second thoughts on joining the military this is your last chance to turn around." Sergeant Silver Shield continued