Two steps from Hell

=///A few weeks after the graduation ceremony, 0700 hours\\\=

It was 7 AM in the bustling city of Manehattan. The sky was clear and Equestria is busy as usual. Ponies and other creatures were going about their day's and enjoying their lives that harmony had brought upon them.

Inside one of the apartment blocks in the western district of the city, there is a bacon-haired mare sitting in her chair while enjoying her morning coffee

After few days of her graduation, Sunset Shimmer and all of the new graduates were assigned into the 212th Legion that was stationed in Neigh York.

The Equestrian military basically provided almost all the needs that their troops needed: starting from housing, healthcare, bits, and daily necessities. They also allowed their troops to settle in their areas, only being called upon into service when needed.

As the sun raised above the city skylines, Sunset took a sip of her coffee and looked up at the Manehattan skyline. She hadn't been this relaxed in months, constant military training can do so much to this young mare. Everything was quiet and peaceful, just the way she likes it. As she was about to take yet another sip of her coffee, her roommate came in.

"I'm back! I brought us some breakfast from the nearby restaurant." Dusky Sight said happily. Sunset turned towards her friend and looked at the bag she brought.

"What did you bring this time?" -Sunset narrowed her eyes at her friend- "It better be not one of those foods that you gave me a few weeks ago..."

Dusky Sight chuckled nervously as she took a step back. They both still remembered the incident which resulted in Sunset Shimmer being sent to the hospital due to the fact that the food that Dusky Sight brought was expired.

"How was I supposed to know that it was expired? It's not my fault the ponies there forgot to inform me about the expiration." Dusky Sight says to defend herself.

"Valid point, but oh, I don't know, maybe it's because of the fact that within the container, the smell and look of the food inside was obviously well past its due date. I mean, for Celestia's sake, it was all mucky in texture and horrendous in smell!" Sunset Shimmer replied.

"Erm..." Dusky Sight trailed off as her defense immediately came tumbling down. Maybe she should have looked at the obvious signs.

Sunset Shimmer sighed before speaking, "It's all in the past now, Dusky Sight. I've already forgiven you a long time ago." -Sunset Shimmer sets her coffee aside before patting the table next to her- "Place it here and we'll eat. Well, we'll eat right after we check if it's safe to eat."

Dusky Sight nodded before she placed the bags on the table and started placing out the food she bought from the local restaurant nearby. As Dusky Sight placed down the food, Sunset saw two servings of seasoned fries from the Los Pollos Harmones and alongside it, two servings of veggie sandwiches from Sandwich Hub. Dusky Sight also brought a set of Colta-Cola bottles as drinks.