old friend o' mine

1990

"HERE YOU ARE." She breathed.

They stared at each other for a minute and Izzy gave her an asking look, glancing between her and over her shoulder.

"Oh- uh.. come in." She said, moving aside and opening the door a bit more. Truthfully she didn't want to let him in, but she didn't really want him to have come all this way just for her to shut the door in his face.

Izzy stepped inside the house and scanned around the place, smiling to himself. It was her. He felt her house was almost a reflection of her mind. It had darker, warmer, red colors with small decorative items that looked as if they all resembled music. She always just ran with the guys, and just went with whatever they wanted. She didn't really care. Now that she has her own space-that has unfortunately been intruded, she can make it hers.

Jackie led him to the couch and immediately remembered all the beer bottles. Her eyes widened and she rushed past Izzy to clean them up before he saw. She heard him mutter something under his breath as he dropped onto the couch. Of course he saw them, and if he were there under any other circumstances- he would've said something, but now he was in her space, and felt he lost that spot.

"You want water or anything?" She asked as she dropped the bottles in the trash bin. She only asked because she thought her voice could drown out the obnoxious clinking of the glass. "No, I'm good." He said, muttering a 'thanks.'

"M'kay." She mumbled, leaving the kitchen. She brushed past a mirror on her way back to the living room and back tracked. She tried combing through her bed head with her fingers and wiping the makeup under her eyes until she realized it was just dark circles.

She sat on the couch and awkwardly tapped her fingers on her knees. "So.. uh... what'd you need to talk about?"

"Oh, yeah.. so uh- basically..." Izzy began. "The guys are a wreck."

Her expression slightly fell. Was he about to ask her for help? To come back?

She let him continue. "Axl kicked Steven out 'cause his addiction only got worse after you left." He said. "Well, not because you left-" he stuttered. He was afraid he made it sound like Steven fell off because of her leave. "Right on." Jackie nodded.

"So we had to get a new drummer. Slash's drinking also got worse, and he..."

Like always, she began drowning out his voice after he mentioned Slash. She didn't wanna hear about how bad she fucked him up with her disappearance.

"Jackie?"

"Huh? Oh- yeah." She met his gaze.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"No."

He chuckled a bit and repeated himself. "He misses you like fucking hell. He's been blaming himself for your disappearance."

She swallowed and nodded, not really knowing what to say.

"Just-" Izzy sighed. "Just call him.. or something? Tell him you miss him, or- you've been thinkin' of him.. even if its not true. He needs to hear it or he'll drink himself to death."