tennessee waterfall

"OKAY, hold your arms up like this." Steven said to my mother as he demonstrated with his hands high above his head.

Everyone had arrived by now, besides Aaron, which had my fucking palms drenched in sweat. No one besides my parents and I knew that he was coming.

My mother did as told and held her arms up, while Steven stood behind her. Nobody knew what he was about to do. I sat on the arm of the sofa just a few feet away, with Axl leaning on the wall beside me and Duff sitting on the couch on my other side.

I raised the glass bottle to my mouth to take a sip of my beer, but immediately spat it out when I saw what he was doing.

"I'm giving you a breast exam."

"Oh my god." I choked, looking at Duff to see he had the same terrified expression on his face. Bailey and Steven really hit it off, and she was slouched on the arm chair across the room, in a loud laughing fit.

"Steven-oh my god, sto- mom, I'm so sorry." I set my beer on the coffee table with a loud clink before removing his arms from her chest.

"No, don't apologize. That was the most action I've gotten in weeks." She laughed, looking toward my dad who cleared his throat and escaped from the small crowd huddled in the living room. Everyone was silent for a minute, then burst out into laughter.

"Slash," I whispered harshly, bumping his knee with my hand, causing his foot to fly upward, kicking the table. "That's enough potatoes." I whispered, ignoring the few set of eyes looking at us around the kitchen.

"Hell no, I'm not missing out on Tennessee's famous potatoes."

"Wh.." I trailed off, scrunching my face in utter confusion. "Thats fucking Idaho, stupid. Dinner hasn't even started, you can wait." I responded quietly, ripping the serving spoon from his hand.

Muffled giggles and talking could be heard from the bathroom before Bailey came out, then Steven-

"Oh my god." My voice was low and flat.

"It's a Tennessee Waterfall!" He smiled brightly.

I resisted the urge to fall to my knees and sob when I saw his hair. The already short top pieces were even shorter, along with the sides, leaving the back longest.

"Bailey, what the fuck have you done?"

The once talkative room went quiet and all eyes landed on Steven.

Everybody soon resumed to their conversations, but the doorbell rang over their mixed voices.

Aaron.

After a few seconds, nobody answered the door and there was no way in hell I'd be the one to open it.

Between Steven's new hairdo, the thought of Aaron and the guys coming face to face again, having nothing in my stomach except for beer just so that I could save space for dinner.. I felt sick.

My knees felt weak and I felt the burning sense of bile rising in my throat. I placed the back of my hand on my mouth as I stood up from my spot, rushing to the bathroom.

The door was closed and the light was shining through the bottom, indicating someone was probably in there. I didn't care though. No chance I'd throw up in front of everyone.

I swung the door open and there stood leaning against the sink was Izzy with his back facing me. He probably came in here to get away from the crowd which I certainly could not blame him for.

"Occupied." He muttered simply, exhaling cigarette smoke which only made my need to vomit worse.

I collapsed right in front of the toilet, lifting the lid & seat up and releasing the puke. Despite my burning throat and teary vision I heard Izzy mumble, "Shit." before shuffling around.