nostalgia

1990

JACKIE DECIDED SHE'D try to not let Izzy and Calliope ruin her time, and instead she'd enjoy the nostalgia that flowed now that she was back with her best friends. She was enjoying the warm weather, and she felt her mood was lifted now that she was out of the depressing Seattle weather.

After the girls finished making the brownies, they covered them up to preserve them for later as a dessert, then Linda, Vicki, and Erin got the bright idea to go swimming in Axl's enormous pool. Jackie came up with the excuse that she didn't bring a swimsuit, but the truth was, she was embarrassed over her pale skin from living under rainy clouds for the past year.

"You can borrow one of mine!" Erin smiled, waving her off with her hand.

"Oh, no, that's okay, thanks."

Slash watched as Jackie shyly declined, tucking her hair behind her ears and taking a step back. He chuckled softly, exhaling the smoke from his cigarette.

"Come on, Jack. It's just water." Slash dropped his cigarette on the ground, stumping it with his sneaker before approaching the two girls. Linda and Vicki were already inside changing while Erin tried convincing Jackie.

"Plus, when's the last time you actually swam, livin' in Seattle?" he brushed his curls away from his sunglasses.

"Exactly." Erin chimed in.

"No, no..." she shook her head, stepping back again. Slash turned toward her and slowly took a step forward. "Don't make me throw you in."

Jackie chuckled awkwardly before her expression fell, and she bolted into the house, Slash following right behind her.

Izzy turned his head at the sound of Slash's voice and Jackie's laughter right after the back door slid open. Within a second, Jackie was on the other side of the house making a break for the stairwell. Izzy whipped his head around to the other side just as she reached the landing of the stairwell and Slash caught ahold of her ankle.

"Let me go!" her hair was wild and her face was red from laughter as she stumbled, attempting to pull her foot from Slash's grasp.

"You're getting in that pool, one way or another!"

That was the last thing Izzy heard before Calliope flicked his chin, turning his attention back to her.

"Oh, fuck." Jackie realized she was trapped when she ran into a room she assumed was a guest bedroom, where Vicki and Linda were tying their hair up, already in their bikinis.

"Hey, girl! You going swimming?" Vicki smiled, then she furrowed her brows when Slash appeared behind her. "No!" she shouted, just as he wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground.

"Yes, she's going swimming." Slash said breathlessly, throwing her onto the bed.

"Asshole." Jackie grumbled, moving to sit upright and brush her hair away from her face. She tried her best to keep an annoyed expression, but failed when she saw the proud look on Slash's face. Somewhere along the way, his aviators fell off, and she silently hoped they got crushed too.

"Thank you." Erin walked in, patting Slash on the back with a grin on her face. Jackie rolled her eyes, placing her hands behind her on the bed and leaning back.

Erin tossed a white bikini in Jackie's lap. "Hurry up." she left the room then, the two other girls following her. Jackie looked back up at Slash expectantly. "Go, motherfucker!" she laughed as she stood up, shooing him out the door.

Once she finished changing, she didn't even glance in the mirror's direction for even a second, afraid she'd see an uncooked chicken in the reflection.

Izzy's jaw involuntarily fell slack at the sight of her hopping down the last few steps. She wore a white bikini with straps on the bottoms that tied at her hips, while the top left little to the imagination, perfectly fitting around her round breasts.