i'll take it, goddamnit!

trigger warning: gore.. i think?

God, I shouldn't have come here alone. It's so creepy. I thought to myself.

I'm walking through my fathers office building, but it's all rusty, and dark... it's been abandoned.

I walk down a dark hallway that's filled with graffiti covered walls, vines twisting around doorknobs, 'creepy crawlies' all over the walls.

I twist open the one free doorknob. The door with the title "Turner" and "#217". My fathers office. I slowly walk in, careful not to fall through the old, broken wooden floors.

Everything in the room is destroyed, the ceiling almost caving in. Scanning the room in awe, the place I visited frequently as a child, completely destroyed.

I turn my neck to the door as I hear a noise come from that direction, only to be met with a closed door. I shrug it off, turning back then suddenly being thrown against the wall by something. I look up to see a tall, dark figure. White eyes, long fingers and nails.

I get no time to process what's happening as I'm thrown aggressively against the floor by this strange creature. I couldn't get up for some reason, my limbs had the weight of bricks.

While I'm pinned against the floor, the dark figure pierces its long, sharp nail into my stomach, stabbing me.

I screamed out in pain as the creature's sharp nail drags across my stomach, splitting me open, from sternum to pelvis. "Shut up." The black figure growls.

"Shut up."

"Shut up."

The creatures voice slowly becomes garbled, and the words he said soon turned into,

"Wake up."

"Wake up! Jackie."

I was completely petrified, breathing heavily, my back and neck all sweaty. I had a nightmare. "Jack, you alright?" I look up in the direction of the voice, to see Izzy searching my eyes for an answer.

"Hey, are you okay?" He speaks softly, calming his tone in attempt to calm me. I steady my breathing, and readjust myself on the backseat of the van. It wasn't until now I realized I had fallen asleep.

Izzy's hands are gripped on my upper arms. "I'm fine. I'm fine." I reassured, mostly to myself. "What happened?" He almost whispers. "I had a nightmare. A really weird one." I respond, wiping the sweat off my neck with my sweater sleeve.

Izzy finally lets go of my arms, sitting in the seat diagonal from me, in the middle of the van. "What time is it? Is the show over?" I mumble, sitting upright. "It's almost twelve. The guys are inside packing up, I just came out for a smoke and to see if you were awake." He says.

"Thank you for waking me up." I respond, rubbing my strained neck. I assume the nightmare was caused from the awkward position I was in, plus how bad my head was hurting. "Sorry." He responded, probably thinking I was being sarcastic. "No, seriously thank you. I don't think I could survive that dream much longer." I chuckle, moving up to the seat next to him.

"Can I bum a smoke?" I ask while opening the van door to let in some cold air. He responds by handing me a cigarette while lighting his own, then mine. "How was the show?" I asked him, creating some small talk to rid of the awkward silence. It wasn't usually awkward between us, but tonight was different.

"It was good." He replies simply, nodding. "Y'all fight anyone?" I ask, chuckling softly. "Not really, Axl fought off some guy with a camera, but that's pretty much it." He lets out a nasal laugh.

"Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear." I spoke loudly, as a very sweat drenched Axl climbs into the van on my side, bumping my knees. "Excuse you." I snark, blowing my smoke directly in his face.