rise n' dine

1990

JACKIE WOKE UP feeling content- not like the other mornings where she drank so much the night before that she woke up with a pounding headache.

She opened her eyes and expected to see a wall- but she didn't. Instead, she saw Izzy's rising and falling chest below her. She furrowed her brows but kept quiet. She readjusted her body a little then realized something. She looked down to see Izzy's hand resting right on her ass. That warm feeling surged through her body again. She widened her eyes but laid her head back down when she felt him stirring.

She pretended to be asleep as she listened to his sleepy noises. He took a deep breath, and she could feel the hairs on the top of her head move a little as he exhaled. Soon she heard a heavy sigh as he slid his hand away and softly moved out from under her.

She felt a coldness take over her body as he left the room. She wondered if he was upset at her for laying on top of him- but she didn't even do it intentionally. It must've happened while they were asleep.

She stayed in the comfort and warmth of her sheets for about fifteen minutes until she heard the squeaky noise of the shower handle turning, followed by the slapping of water hitting the shower floor, then finally the sliding of the shower curtain.

She climbed out of bed and stretched her body, then immediately felt a warm wetness between her thighs. She widened her eyes and looked at her shorts- obviously it wasn't her period, it was the weird way her body reacted to the closeness with Izzy last night. She felt her face heat up and she swallowed her embarrassment as she grabbed a new change of clothes.

Izzy let the hard water droplets hit his back as he rubbed his eyes so hard he started seeing tiny white dots. His body reacted the same exact way- well, the male version.. but the same way. He was silently praying that Jackie hadn't felt his reaction. He was more angry than he was embarrassed- angry at himself for reacting like a hormonal twelve year old boy.

Jackie waited for the shower to turn off to grab a towel and her already prepared change of clothes to leave her bedroom. She assumed Izzy would've helped himself to coffee and food so she decided she could sneak right in the bathroom.

She closed her bedroom door just as the bathroom door opened, and when she turned she wasn't met with Mason- she was met with Izzy. And he was half naked. He had nothing but a towel wrapped low around his waist. They stared at each other with big eyes and opened mouths for an agonizing ten seconds until they brushed past each other. Izzy went into Jackie's room- where he left his clothes, and Jackie went into the bathroom.

She placed her hands on the edge of the sink after rubbing the fog off the mirror to look at her red cheeks. "What is wrong with you, Jackie?" She whispered to the girl staring back at her.

She took a shower and tried to erase Izzy from her mind, but the thoughts wouldn't budge. She let out a groan and turned off the shower, quickly threw on her clothes and wrapped her hair in a towel to rest on the top of her head.

Izzy was munching on a snack when he heard the bathroom door open, then Jackie appeared in the hallway, approaching him in the kitchen. "Morning." She said quietly.

With her hair wrapped in a towel, he could see her whole face now, and it certainly wasn't help either of them hide their blush.

"Good morning." His voice was deep from slumber.

"I was think-"

"We should-"

They spoke in unison. They both let out an awkward chuckle before Jackie spoke up again. "I was thinking we could go out for breakfast.. 'cause I don't have that much food here."

She averted her attention to the hallway when she heard the sound of a bed creaking followed by a door swinging open, then rapid footsteps toward them. Mason spilled words out of his mouth too quickly for her to even understand.

"Huh?" She blinked at him.

"Can we go to Rise N' Dine?" He said breathlessly. She rolled her eyes. "Who said you're going?"

"Me. I just need to put my shoes on and then I'll..." his voice faded as he ran back down the hall.

"Alright, well.. he's going I guess." Jackie stated the obvious. Izzy was a little disappointed because he was hoping he could just have breakfast with her. Without Mason's giggling and teasing.

Layne speaks!

this was just a filler chapter sorry it sucks 😩 jackie and Izzy r so cute I can't ugh