see you around

TWO DAYS LATER and still no sign of Slash. Axl was furious- they had three upcoming gigs and no guitarist. I think part of Axl's fury also came from worry. Worried that something would happen to Slash. Stuff like this would happen somewhat often with the guys, so I don't understand the level of Axl's worry. It was like the rest of the guys knew something I didn't. They'd always huddle up after I'd leave the room and separate after I'd re-enter.

If Slash got brought up around me they'd brush it off with something like "Okay, we don't have to keep talking about it." Or something along those lines. Part of me thought they felt bad about what happened the other night, but neither empathy or sympathy comes often from these guys if it's about my relationship problems. Sometimes it would come from Izzy, but things have been weird between us still. There hasn't been any more of those hot moments between us. There hasn't been one single moment between us-not even late night balcony talks.

It also seemed as if Axl felt an ounce of resentment toward me for Slash's disappearance, be that as it may, resentment from Axl wasn't a rarity whatsoever.

I on the other hand, have been waiting for the right moment. The right moment to do what I do best, run away.

It would be easy any other month but now that it's winter- it's gotten a bit colder outside (despite the infrequent harsh Californian winters) so the guys aren't out as often.

"Fucking Christ, why the hell is it so cold out there?" Duff shivered as he opened the front door. I immediately felt the cold air spill through the cracks between his lanky figure and the doorway. "Jeez." I muttered, pulling my legs off the coffee table to hug them with my arms. Possibly also to cover my unshaven goosebump covered legs.

The sudden cold weather almost fit. Before I'd left for Nashville a few weeks ago, it was still nice outside. My life was also at a decent spot before the trip. Now that I'm back and life turned on me again-the weather has frozen.. along with my heart, if you will.

Axl turned the corner and approached Duff. "Uh, they didn't have the one you usually get-" he pulled out a hairspray can from the plastic bag. "So I just got this one."

Axl's raised eyebrows fell. "Fuck, man! I needed it for next week's shows. This is the worst one you could've possibly gotten."

"Sorry, dude!" Duff raised his hands in defense at Axl's sudden loud tone. "Fucking useless." Axl muttered, waving his hands dramatically while walking off again.

"Dramatic." Duff muttered, shaking his head and sitting next to me on the couch. He cracked open the energy drink he'd just pulled from the Walmart bag a second ago. He spoke up after he took a sip. "How have you been holdin' up?"

He finally got the chance to speak to me after I'd broken the two-almost three day streak of hiding away in my room. "Fine." I nodded awkwardly.

"Mhm... now, how have you really been?"

I sighed, slouching my shoulders in defeat. "Not good." I said, briefly glancing at Izzy as he walked out of the hallway, into the kitchen.

Izzy's POV.

I kept my mouth shut but my ears open as Jackie vented to Duff. Notwithstanding our awkward silence toward each other for the past month- I was still concerned about her well-being.

I peeled an orange slowly as I eavesdropped on their conversation.

"It's like... I'm worried about Slash-and stuff. But at the same time I'm still annoyed with him. But this is like, what's supposed to happen in relationships, right? You're supposed to argue and then get over it after a lot of tears and curse words, then you'll fuck and it'll be over." I almost snorted at that last part.